Chapter 06 || Spectrum for a Man

Jiah has her phone pressed between her cheek and shoulder, busy talking to Yoongi while also working on the computer as Jimin is still busy in a meeting where he said she wasn't needed and should take the time to counter check the department meetings and new established deals. If it weren't for Namjoon, she wouldn't have known Jimin was actually impressed with her fast learning and situational adaptance.

"Your boss sucks."

"I know, oppa." She chuckles at Yoongi's words, hearing him sigh on the line. "So, please go and pick Jihun up, and the rest you know."

"Yeah, ask him how his day was, feed him, play with him, tell him how great her mom is. Of course, I know that."

"I don't brag."

"You do," Yoongi scoffs, "in fact you're the only person I've met so far who keeps bragging."

"You're so mean, I never brag!"

"Yeah great job, tell your boss to fire you."

"What?"

"Keep it low girl, you're at work. Yelling is probably not allowed there."

"Oh yeah," She nods, glancing at her colleagues, sending apologetic smiles, before focusing back on her work, "Alright anyway, hopefully today will be the last day I'll be staying over time."

"I hope so," Yoongi hums, "I'll hang up now, focus on your work. Good luck kiddo."

"I'm not a kid now, but okay." She says and heard Yoongi chuckle before the line finally went off. She sighs deeply, taking another file and opens an e-document, going through the content of the hard copy and circles a few places, working again on the stats until she's satisfied and smiles, leaning back on her chair.

"Someone looks happy," Jaesung's brows arch up with his words, glancing at the girl with a smile reaching his eyes.

"I am," Jiah grins, turning her chair to face him, "I completed another file since lunch!"

"That's great!" He cheers, "You're really amazing Jiah, I can never imagine myself doing so much at once."

"It was the third one." She tells him, earning a confused look.

"I thought it's the fifth one..." He sighs, "I was getting excited for nothing."

Jiah laughs at him, patting his shoulder as he stands up, taking a call for him, leaving Jiah alone for a while. She glances at the time, taking a few minutes to breathe. A smile curves up her lips into a soft smile at the thought of her son, thinking he must be busy playing with kids or bothering SeokJin to make him some mac-n-cheese. The love had started from the day Namjoon gave her a ride back home, stopping at Yoongi's place where surprisingly SeokJin was present too, still playing with Jihun and even cooked for him.

The toddler has been in love with his cooking skills ever since. Both SeokJin and Yoongi, to be honest. Despite being a moderately good cook, Jiah never received a cackle of excitement of any closer degree from her son that he gives off after having the food cooked by the two elder males.

A tap on the desk, makes her look up, instantly breaking into a smile on finding Namjoon standing there. He speaks, "How's work going?"

"Ah great," She replies with a smile, sliding the three files towards him. He raises his brows in amusement, taking the first one, running his eyes briefly over the content and nods. "Is it okay?"

"Yeah, good job." He says, "Keep it up. Now the main thing I came here for, I have to leave a bit early today, so I won't drop be able to take you home."

"It's okay oppa, I'll manage." She says, "You didn't have to be my driver for the whole week too."

"I wanted to." He chuckles, "Now focus on your work. The meeting is almost done, so Jimin should be here any moment. I'll ask him to drop you home if you want."