Chapter 23 || Confrontation

"So much happened and you're- You're telling me now?" Yoongi inhales deeply, massaging his temples, while Jiah is busy cursing at herself and her big mouth for always being such a chatterbox that she couldn't even keep her own secret. Yes, she had to tell him everything eventually, but today wasn't the day.

Although fortunately she has been able to push the meet-ups for a week, which Namjoon always told her was a bad idea, considering that Yoongi was growing worried and suspicious that something wasn't right. The way she hung up on him, after telling briefly about her busy life, Namjoon warned her that Yoongi will be mad the day she finally opens up.

And today it happened. Even though it was accidentally. It still happened. The whole week has been quite dramatic and unpredictable, along with the daily struggle to go to different companies for the interviews. All of that coupled with the famous traditional soju of Yoongi's restaurant, was all Jiah needed to start like a whiny kid and present her life open in front of Yoongi and the other three elders.

They stare at her with sympathetic looks, Namjoon specifically feeling restless to help her get a job that she kept saying she'll manage by herself. Yoongi takes another shot of his drink, dragging his eyes up from the table, and Jiah looks down, ready to be scolded. Although it never comes at her, rather Yoongi's pissed voice is directed to Namjoon, making her stare at him with wide eyes, "You knew all this happened," He's glaring at him.

"Oppa, it's not his fau-"

"Shut up," Yoongi shoots her a glare as well, before focusing back on Namjoon, "Why didn't you tell me anything? She's and idiot and likes to act tough all the time, I get it. Why were you quiet, Namjoon? Why did you choose to just watch her stuggle?"

"It's not like that, oppa," Jiah tries again, only for Yoongi to frown at her. He turns to face her entirely and crosses his arms on his chest.

"Then what is it like? You lost your job, you've been seeing that asshole— Kim Taehyung, and even before that I know something happened with Jimin,"

Jiah stares at him with wide eyes, turning to Namjoon who shrugs his shoulders, because as far as she remembers, nobody knows about that night of bravery other than Taehyung, and well Namjoon, because she told him later when he visited her, worried after she lost her job. She takes a deep breath, picking up her glass and chugs down a shot, needing more alcohol in her system before she's ready to face Yoongi.

"Okay," She mumbles against her tipsy state and looks at Yoongi, "I was going to tell you everything. I told Namjoon oppa, that I'll talk to you. But you've been busy the whole week, your restaurant and your family. Even I was busy with job interviews and I've also been studying for IELTS..."

"What?" The elders frown, and Jiah sighs, nodding slowly.

"I was thinking of moving to the States and start fresh. My academic performances have been good, and I've got some work experience, if I try a little harde, I can go to the States and do something there,"

"Are you serious?" Yoongi lets out, throwing his head back as he chuckles lowly, shaking his head. "Yeah, great. Good for you, Jiah. Leave everything behind and go start a new life. Why did you even bother telling me? You could've simply taken all of your secrets with you,"

"Oppa, don't say that. I'm sorry, I wanted to talk to you, I swear!"

"And you kept hanging up on me everytime I called you? You didn't even wanna see me! Stop lying to me!"

"It's not like that!" She stares at him with frustration growing up now, and tears pooling her eyes as she stands up from her seat, "I wanted to meet you in person and tell you everything before you came to know from anyone else! I just needed some time to process everything! Do you think I enjoy being unemployed? Do you think I like the thought of having my bills unpaid, and my son struggling with me? Finding myself a job was my first priority and I do not have to explain that to anyone! I was going to tell you everything once I had another job because I knew if I confronted you before that, you'd react like this! I don't even know why you think I'd keep these things a secret from you, Yoongi oppa, when— when you're the only person I ever freely talk to. You worry for me, I know that, and I care for you too. I wouldn't leave just like that without telling you..."