Karma is a Bitch 0.2

(A/N Thank you guys for the 1.5K !!! Keep reading :) Ily'all!!)

SAMANTHA
I was in deep sleep when my phone buzzed.
"Hello?"
"Who's this?"
"Excuse me, but you called, so who are you?"
"I am no one you know, but someone you know has met with an accident and I don't know who."
Accident? What the?
"Where is this?"
"Intersection near Yela Lane and Dracer Bridge.I think he's gone opposite in the one-way lane."
"Okay. I'll,.. I'll be there.Thank..," the line fell dead.
Who could meet an accident? Please please not Sapan. I cannot handle another disaster.
What if it's him? He has ICE contacts in his Duke, not Enfield.
Which bike has he taken? I rushed out to see a bike parked there which from the distance looked like a,..an Enfield.
It still can't be him. Why should he hurry when he was just visiting the dry cleaners?
"Sam?"
I startled and hoped it was Sapan. No.
"Yeah Roshan what are you doing here?"
"Sapan told me to look out for you while he's gone."
He's gone?
Where?
Tears streamed down my face as I sunk down to the floor.
Roshan came closer, "Sam what happened?"
I told him about the call.
"It wouldn't be him! He is an excellent driver. It must've been a prank."
"Can we please just go and see?"
"Okay."
~
We took an auto, and on the way, I was praying, leaving my atheism, for him, because I don't want to lose him!
Oh god, it shouldn't be him.
We were nearing the place, as I noticed people crowded around something,.-someone.
The crowd slowly parted and I stopped.
I stopped walking, stopped breathing.
~
Lay sprawled a lifeless body, smothered in thick blood, the bike, the number plate now reduced to TW N 14.
Sapan.
I pushed through the crowd and sat next to him, my hot tears falling on his soft, blood daubed cheeks.
"Sapan..Sapan please wake up. Baby I uhh I uh am uhh here. Plea...," I halted when I noticed the big picture.
His palm was open, and a ring was thrown a few inches away.
That engagement ring.
He was wearing the white tuxedo I gifted him. The, the, the one I wanted him to wear, when, uh, we we married?
The elegant white and black tux covered in deep gore scarlet. His hair was gelled back. That same smirk I fell for painted across his face, there was a pool of blood around.
He'd lost too much.
"Sam, come. The ambulance is here. Come on..."
"NO! NO! NO! I AM NOT LEAVING HIM!"
"SAMANTHA LISTEN TO ME!"
I knew Roshan was right. I couldn't handle it. I needed to go and come back after mentally preparing myself.
Roshan pulled me away and call me crazy, but I still found him to be beautiful.
His serene face, fit tux, his smirk.
Him.
I couldn't handle it, too much gore in one man. The horrid mix of white and red made me sick. I wanted to scream, tear myself apart for my everything is at stake.
Roshan pushed me into the auto, as I could see him laying on the hospital stretcher, so immobile, like laying in his coffin?
No, no no that wouldn't happen.
~
I threw myself on our bed, whilst Roshan had gone to the hospital.
The smell of his gel and sweat, a delectable, my favorite mix, making all this ache even more.
Was he going to propose?
The time was 6, and I could hear a voice talking. It was recorded, and was, was coming from the terrace? I rushed up the stairs as the voice, his voice spoke, "Samantha D'Souza, I am sorry for all the things I've done to hurt you, willingly or otherwise. Making amends for these is probably going to take me more than an eternity. Alas, I am not giving up on the chance, on you, on our love. So here goes.-" I reached the terrace, as the tap,..
Oh god.
The terrace was beautiful. It was lined with glimmering candles, and a big, clumsily hung banner which said, "I hope you know CPR, because you take my breath away."and then in lowercase beneath that, "Yeah I tried okay? Now better marry me or else I'll bang you."
More tears brimmed in my eye, as I fell down to the floor and smacked my forehead. Of course, I would've said yes! Of course I would've wanted my entire life with him!
Hope.
There is a ray. He is still there. He will come back to me right?
~
I decided to tell this to Advika and I noticed that she and Sapan had talked sometime after I'd slept.
So Advika knew?
Me-Dude.
Advika-Brooo!!!!!!!! Congrats :D
Me-Dude, Sapan,,..
Advika-Oh I know I know!! You don't have to tell to me lol
Me-IT'S NOT THAT OKAY?
Advika-Calm down. What happened??
Me-Sapan., he...
Advika-He??
Me-Met with an accident.
Advika-What??? Sam don't play with me.
Me-THIS NOT SOMETHING THAT I'D PLAY WITH YOU ABOUT!
Advika-Did he...,?
Me-No. You knew it, didn't you?
Advika-Yes. He asked me. Shall I come over?
Me-No it's okay. I'll call you if I need anything.
Advika-Okay. Dude, he'll be fine. He is not going nowhere..
Me-Hopefully.
~
I decided to go and check on him.
Nearing his ward, I noticed his parents a d his mother wailing loudly. I went closer and well, old habits die hard. His mother started with her usual spewing of venom on me. I was too hurt and tired to fight back, so I let her talk this once.
~
His chest was falling up and down, slowly. Gauze was wrapped around his head, and I could see a little bit of blood on the side of his head from outside.
The doctor and nurses went in and inspected it after which the doctor said he wanted to talk to me, as the parents were really fragile.
You don't know my fragility beneath this strong facade.