Christmas 0.1

SAMANTHA

I couldn't sleep the night.

I was restless and Leo, on the other hand was in deep slumber.

Watching him sleep is different. A bit cute actually.

Unlikely, but he sleeps literally like a baby.

His knees are folded to his chest, and he's hugging a pillow with his hair completely covering his face, revealing only his pink lips.

Although, there is no thumb sucking!

An hour or so, and I was robust and awake. Surprising.

~

The morning dew on the leaves, the bluish-vermilion sky with the red, bold sun playing a game of chess and pushing every cloud past and taking it's right royal position in the sky.

The dews beautifully reflecting the light in shades of the rainbow, the cuckoos singing to their content, a perfect morning alarm I would say.

The lights in the city, glowing early in the morning.

Oh, it's Christmas!

Right.

~

I was unaware of the time, nor how long I've been in this so-called garden. Not entirely one, but hey, it has few plants and climbers.

Being a nature lover,I feel all these small moments are worth capturing, and all these little things are worth cherishing.

My concentration was fixed on the newly bloomed rose, an amazing interbreed of the yellow and red type.

The big petals had this genuinity of theirs. I wondered if I am the only one who sees all this sometimes.

But the petals have such poise in how the stand, and that elegance that they possess with those dew drops spotting the petal.

Surreal nature.

"Morning." I heard a voice that almost tripped me off balance.

Leo.

"Morning! Merry Christmas!" I said and gave him a hug.

His eyes widened and he looked at me, confused.

I smiled. I know what confusion he has.

LEO

"Thanks?"

How is she so pumped now? She was a damsel in distress yesterday!

And how is she celebrating Christmas at this point of time? Strength, this girl has.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" She smiled.

"Confusion.Mhm."

"Leo you might probably be wondering how excited I am for Christmas and not long ago was I a despondent piece of shit?"

"Yep. Got that right. "

"As a matter of fact, I am hugely surprised at myself. Never did I know, I could actually put on happy face, for Christmas, the very Christmas I thought of spending with him. No mood swings. You know, PMS. I'm happy. I figured,he wanted me to move on. He would've liked it. I figured there is no use in mourning over his carcass, because I know, I believe that if not physically, he will always be there with me environmentally. Like for instance, the morning dew, the sunrise, the nature is what gave me my peace of mind. I don't want my grief to ruin your happiness, Leo. You have been horrible to me the last time, and again I figured, there is practically no use hating on you, just guilty pleasure. Do I need that? Is it that quintessential for my happiness? No. Forgiving you and changing you is what I wanted. And hoping you have changed, I let you in. I have to be happy with whatever I get. I have to earn. I haven't completely given up on love yet, but I am thinking, is it really necessary? But coming back to the topic, yes I am changing. I am changing for myself and the others. I will be happy, keeping him in my vivid memories. Yeah."

"Oh."

Wow, she is really a strong girl, ain't she?

"Yeah"

"Cool. So uhm, yeah also can I ask you something?"

SAMANTHA

He scratched his head.

"Yeah sure"

"Can you, umhm be my, date for tonight's party?"

Phew. I almost thought "girlfriend".

"Yes totally!" What am I saying?!!!

"Thanks!! So get ready! We'll have to be there by 7:30 in the eve"

Holy Hera, what do I do?