New Year

It was the eve before a new year, a new beginning and I could feel the breeze of challenges the upcoming year is going to bombard us with.

The party starts in two hours and I was lazy(Like lazy af) and was completely uninterested in getting dressed.

I figured, I'll just go stand there in my sweatshirt there. Still being the one in the million like hell yeah.

I didn't know why I was so jumpy, but hell, I can feel the goosebumps.
~
LEO
I was completely uninterested and felt a sudden surge of tiredness. It's one of those days wherein you randomly feel like punching your pillow or wall thinking that it's some jerk you've come across, then sit in precisely, in one of the corners of your room and out your head down in dismay for no reason. And then after an hour or two, you go out to nature, and become all philosophical and try catching something deep in a bunch of green leaves.
~
30 minutes more for a New Year and gahhh.
I felt nothing. I had my neutral face on and my hands were hanging beside my body, numb.
I was wearing a unicorn tee( Unicorn for life k?) and my khakis.
*beep*
Sam: Hey, when will you be there?!
Me: Yo. Ima be there in 10.
Sam: K. I'm excited.

Somehow, I felt that "I'm excited" is not so exciting.

Shouldn't she be excited though?! I mean, all that hard work I put in just so that her heart beats out of her chest!?

SAMANTHA
Despite the fact that there wasn't much to get ready for me, I was hesitant to move about and brush my hair and was slouched in the couch watching "Impractical Jokers"
(I'll tell you something? I have a secret crush on MurrCano) IKR?!
The time was what?

SHITTING HELL IT STARTS IN FIFTEEN!?!
~

OMMMMMMFFFGGGG
The place, you wouldn't believe me. The place was on fire!
Like, it was all small light bulbs hanging in different lengths, like in Cab's "Loves Me Not" video.
You look up the the black-periwinkle skies dotted with stars that decorate the sky as pretty as a smile can.

Now I feel all pumped up and regret the fact that I am at a New Year party, standing like a ruffian.
Isn't it irony, that my New Year is going to start with a regret!
~
My eyes were desperately searching for him. They were moving back and forth, with great indulgence.
Where is Leo!?

Spotted.

I smiled to myself. I am not alone.

LEO
I saw her standing in the left corner, like a fish out of water, and instantly all I could do was smile.
She was the odd one out in the entire crowd, looking thuggish and all.
I couldn't take my eyes off her, couldn't prevent my lips from curving into a smile, couldn't kill the flame that was burning in me.

She dashed out my desperate brains.
(So Romeo Juliet I know)
~
The clock will strike 12, and BAM!

We were standing parallel to each other, she was looking at me.

This weird feeling which made me move my feet forward up to her, was mutual.
 We both walked towards each other, like in those crazy fantasies, called 'movies'

We were close, so close that our breath, heartbeat,and every other part matched each other like a jigsaw piece.

She went for it.
She leaned forward and stood on tip toes, so she could match my height, and threw her arms around my neck, slowly brushing her lips with mine.

I was enjoying it.

She wondered if it was pure luck or their fantasy.

But she quit pondering.

She was in his protective arms, his lips on her, her needs fulfilling itself.

The fireworks broke out and it seemed as though the colors were at war with the sky.
This beauty ought to be beholded.
I wondered, if it was pure luck or fantasy.
But I quit pondering, my needs fulfilling itself and I couldn't help but think of some other line that made more sense.
 "We're just two lost souls. Swimming in a fish bowl"