Damned 0.3

"I never thought you'd do that Sam" she weeped as Leo tensed behind me.
"How could you?"
"All we ever did was trust you."
"Get out Sam. No place here."
"You are such a disgrace to the family" he spat.

How can I not get more infuriated with that sloppish remark?
I slammed back at him.
"I AM A DISGRACE? THAT'S ALL YOU CAN SAY? HOW ABOUT YOU RECONSIDER, D-A-D.
Look, let me make some things clear." I cleared my throat as Leo whispered Boyle's line, "Should I fade in the background or stay here?" I shot him a glare and he replied, "Fading. Fading away."
I calmed down for a second, and again rage on.
"YOU AREN'T A DISGRACE? OH WELL, THINK BACK, IF YOU WEREN'T WHEN YOU WERE IN BED WITH SOMEONE ELSE YOU DISRE..-"
"SAMANTHA D'SOUZA STOP. DON'T TALK LIKE THAT ABOUT YOUR FATHER." My mother weeped.
"Mum, you'll know it soon. Very soon and then you'll be grateful to me."
My mother stopped weeping and looked at me for a minute, and I realized how broken the situation was.
There was pin-drop silence, my dad's head hanging down in shame, his ears red with embarrassment.
For one, I thought he deserved it.
My mother was utterly shattered, her wet cheeks, and bloodshot eyes hopeless. Lost.
For another, I clearly know my mum doesn't deserve this. But did I have a choice?
And I, for once, felt like a burden is off my chest.
Though I've been writing and telling people about it, the fact that I gathered guts to spit it out straight to the person, is something that makes me feel better.
My mother broke the silence, "Samantha, (huff) Sapa.."
Why not? OF COURSE.
I knew I had to keep it short, just so I can finish it, leave them dazed, and also gather my things quickly and leave this place.
I am a cent percent sure, there isn't going to be any Christmas party.
Nor a New Year One.
~
"I met Sapan 7 years ago, and I instantly fell in love ma. For almost 3 years I kept denying the fact that I didn't, and it was all a little of that infatuation and misconceptions. And I fell for him even more, a better, grown up guy, whom honestly, couldn't love me back more. We've been together in love for a long time, and I don't regret a single millisecond with him. His passing away has scarred me for life but I will move on, for him. And I am telling you this, because he deserves this. He always wanted to tell the world. Alas. And now, I am trying, and I am also moving out."
That's the shortest-long in my longest, I guess.
I ssilently floated my way to my former room, and dumped a few things and cash in my bag.
"Sam, dude, that was really good."
"Thank you."
Unexpected though, he turned me around, "I'm sure, you deserve this." and hugged me close to him.
One part of me wanted to push him away but the other wanted this. Some shoulder to cry on.

LEO'S POV
Her nose was buried on my chest, as I could hear slow whimpers.
Flashes of the past, when I had unethical thoughts about her hit me, and, I flushed in disgust of myself.
My hands patted her back and I slowly pushed her away, because I was clear in my decisions of not making her hate me, or think that I am using her again because I am not.
I swear on Lord, I really really like her.

She is really beautiful. Really.
And I have the highest respect for her, because of her thoughtfulness.
She looked surprised, at my "the inordinate Leo act" and I tried my best smiling back, "I think you need to pack faster?"
"Yes right okay." She smiled back.
I couldn't stand there awkwardly, so I tried my way out of their house, it was tough but yeah.
~
Wow. All I could think of. I mean, did Leo, of all people just do that?? Did he? His kind gesture, really proved that he has changed or atleast is attempting to.
And that's exactly what I wanted every time I insulted him.
Such a bittersweet moment, ain't it?
~
"Ma, I am leaving."
"Sam stay. Please. It'll all be fine. Dad will sure forgive you soon."
My mom will never learn will she?
"Forgive me for the mistake he did?" I gave a nonchalant laugh," Whatever mother. I am going. I love you and please take care." I planted a kiss on her cheek and left, my eyes teary all over again.
~
"Here, let me carry that for you."
"No no it's fine."
"Okay. Uhm, I'll be gone somehow tomorrow yeah?"
"Oh. You know, it's fine actually. You can stay at,.-"
Where are we going to stay?
Garage?
Damn.
"The garage." I cleared my throat.
"Are you sure Sam?"
"Yeah totally."
Am I?
I guess.
~
Clink
The garage door opened, and there was a heavy surface of dust hanging in the air, a revolting smell that made me throw up,(almost).
I placed my bag on one side, and got lost in my own thoughts.

LEO'S POV
Her eyes where fixed on the nature outside, her body almost immortal.
That illuminati kind of glow.

Stop Leo.

I needed to break the silence already.
"So two more days for Christmas!!" I tried to act really excited.
No reply.
Well..
"Samantha?"
Nope.
"Sam." I shook her shoulder.
Her widened eyes struck with horror looked at me. I shook her again, and she fell into my arms, her eyes slowly shutting.
What the f..,-
I slowly placed her head on the floor and rushed for water.
~
"Sam? Sam?" I called out.
Her eyes gradually fluttered, bloodshot like she'd gone through a nightmare.
She propped up on my chest.
"Hey thank god! Are you okay?"
"Mhhh-" and she broke down into a puddle of tears.
~
Leo's arms held me a bit closer, as I cried into his shirt, his words soothing me.
"What happened?"
What happened. A very legitimate question. So many events all at once.
~
A distant haze of a baby crying, the man in the picture, breaking thr beer bottle and pushing the pregnant mother out the house. The baby weeps more. A flash, a blur of a small kid, jumping around and playing with her friends, her noodle arms moving around with a ball. Another flash, my own self and that horrendous sight of my father what ought to change to another swing to my 18th birthday, my first time and ending in his, Sapan's dead face and the blood smothered ring toppling down to the floor.
"Nothing. Just another nightmare." Is what I said though.
"Okay. Just get some sleep okay?" He said.
I tried standing up, but I lapsed back to the floor.
"Shall I uhm?"
I tried once again, all my energy exhausted but failed to his arms scooping my legs up, his muscles flexing as he carried me like the wind to a feather.
"Thank you Leo." I flushed lightly.
"Not a problem. Take care. Call me if you need anything." He gave me his best smile and closed the door behind him.

"It took all the strength I had,
Not to fall apart.
Kept tried hard to mend the pieces
Of my broken heart.
But I spent, oh, so many nights
Just feeling sorry for myself.
I used to cry,
But now I hold my head up high."

Hey guys!!
I hope your happy with the way it's going.
I am just venturing out with ideas.
So need the support!!
Keep the love and support coming xx
One love \m/