00. Prologue

❦❦❦❦❦___________

❦❦❦❦❦
___________

"I need everyone down here now!" My Mom's voice echoed furiously around the house, causing a very much needed eye roll to escape my eyes.

She hasn't been home for almost two weeks and now she's demanding the presence of her well-grounded, robotic and perfect children.

Great.

I look around my empty, vacant room in satisfaction. The air never felt so fresh and healthy. The few hazel-nut cardboard boxes of the things I need were already packed and ready to go.

"You were more like a cage than a room." I mutter, as my eyes traveled round the room. I smiled proudly, packing and arranging the last things I needed.

Brooke is seated on the bed, occasionally wagging his tail. I guess he's as happy as I am.

I had gotten all the pictures from the Darkroom, my Dad personally set up for me in the house and put all of them in one box. I picked up my Black Canon Camera from on top my bed, giving it one last peck before carefully placing it in the box with the pictures and sealed it.

I stare at my previous paintings, examining them properly. I was suppose to bring them along with me but went against it.

They look lifeless, meaningless and ordinary. My level of creativity and potential can produce the exact opposite of those. I'm gonna reset again with a better energy and surrounding anyway.

I could distantly hear noise coming from almost all areas of the house, due to the work they've been doing for almost three days now. With a tired sigh, I pick up a red college jacket from on top my bed, matching it with the blue mom jeans I have on.

My Inks on my left shoulder, ribcage and arms were showcasing themselves gracefully in the white crop tank top I'm wearing. I love showing them off, but I honestly don't need the drama from my Mom.

My phone chimes, indicating a message. I unlock the screen to see it's from Ross, my future ex-boyfriend. Well, It isn't even in the future, cause I'm gonna break up with him today.

Ross: Hey babe. See you at the party, can't wait to see you in a tight dress!

I roll my eyes at his expectant sickening behaviour. He's honestly the most irking person I know. I wonder why I stayed so long with him.

"Skylar!" I hear my Mom's voice boom through the walls of the house again, cutting through my thoughts. Why is she so loud?

I dip my phone in my jean pocket, then make my way outside. "Come on Brooke." He happily gets off the bed, following me closely by my side.

He's my Labrador Retriever that's been with me for six years now. I originally planned to get a Newfoundland at first, but when I saw Brooke's little puppy form in the care home for Dogs, I didn't think twice about getting him.