17. Beautiful Darkness

⁂⁂⁂

⁂⁂⁂

"Don't make any conclusion." I breathe in and out with my eyes closed.

"Don't make any conclusion." I repeat the same words to myself, in hopes of pushing the menacing thoughts away from me.

It's already evening and I'm at the backyard with a wine bottle to accompany me.

I woke up with a radiant smile on my face from the best and most peaceful rest I've had in a very long time, without the need of taking a sleeping pill.

I slept to the steady beating of Weston's chest rising and falling, expecting to wake up to his hazel eyes, but when I did, he wasn't there.

I checked the house thoroughly when I woke up but I couldn't find him, called out his name but got no response.

It's like he wasn't even here last night.

The mess we made in the living room to the other parts of the house were cleared, looking like nothing happened at all.

Its what happens when you get ghosted Skylar.

Shut the fuck up!

Although, the sore feeling in-between my thighs tells me something definitely happened, but that's the least of my concerns. I'm more worried about the person who created the sore feeling, than the feeling itself.

I can still feel Weston's hands on me, the way his fingers pleased me. I can feel every hard squeeze, firm grab, unholy trail of his tongue against my skin---- it all feels so good.

The heat we shared from our body contact. The taste of his lips on mine, the way he ravished me.

I remember every emotion that clouded his eyes when he stared down at me. The lust, the desire, the hunger, the beautiful darkness.

"Is it always this beautiful out here?" The glass door slides open and Brooklyn walks out.

She gains my attention and I'm actually happy she's here to distract me from overthinking. "Yeah." I respond.

She has been resting since she came back from Weston's house. She was hungover and Chase was the one who dropped her off. I don't know how they managed to get alcohol, even if Weston demanded them to have the party with non-alcoholic drinks. Yes, he discarded the fact that everyone is an adult.

Something tells me I'm the reason he didn't want alcoholic drinks.

The feeling of strong gaze on me pulls me out my thoughts. "You're glowing." Brooklyn blurts out, studying me with a run over of her eyes, after sitting on the chair close to mine.

I know what she means by that cause I saw myself this morning.

She keeps observing me, while I fought back my smile. My lips twitched a little, giving her the answer without my verbal words. Her eyes widen as realisation hit her.