36. Brutal

⁂⁂⁂

⁂⁂⁂

"Stop moving." I hold up my paint brush, shut one eye and focus on the moving human and dog in front of me, before bringing it back to the canvas.

"I can manage." Weston says, then looks down at Brooke.

"But Brooke isn't as patient." Brooke moves continually on Weston's lap, unable to hold a position.

"You know this is not gonna work right?" Weston snickers, tilting his head.

"If you both keep switching positions, how will it work?" I give him a pointed look and he laughs.

We are at the backyard of my house. The sight of Brooke and Weston playing together was so cute that I had to capture it.

After taking a couple of pictures, it still wasn't enough for me so I decided to paint them.

I made them sit in a Mona Lisa like style but with a dog in it.

Painfully, my painting is not even close to what I imagined, because Brooke agreed that this was the perfect time for him to chase his tail on Weston's lap and Weston didn't do anything to help my situation.

Brooke's patience had finally ran out because he came down from Weston laps and runs into the house.

"I give up." I voice out in defeat. I drop the paint brush and exhale with an head shake.

Weston's laughter fills my ear as he walks to me. He takes in the unfinished painting which looks really horrible and weird.

"It looks good." I stare at him with the most hateful expression I could muster.

"Why do you keep feeding me with lies?" My statement caused a loud outburst from him.

"I don't lie Cheesecake." He bends to my level and holds my face and starts pampering me with kisses. Only that action was enough to break my fake glare from him and smile stupidly.

I stand up from where I'm sitting and Weston and I make our way to the area around the pool.

"You're so lucky you have a face I would never allow myself punch, because the amount of times I've punched you in my head, you'll be decorated with bruises all over." He laughs.

"Do you know how to throw a punch?" Weston quips. I detected a bit of tease in his tone and his smug smile gives it off.

"Swinging my balled fist with my thumb in isn't so hard, Mr cocky pants." I say proudly but he just shook his head with a chuckle.

"Give me your hand." I give Weston my right hand and he starts showing me how to properly keep my fingers.

"If your thumb is wrapped in your fingers, you can break your hand or fingers." I listen attentively.

"Press your thumb against your other fingers." Weston instructs and I do just that. I hold both my hands up, like I'm about to fight and throw a punch.