10. Amusing

⁂⁂⁂

⁂⁂⁂

I had just finished taking a shower and stepped out of the bathroom when my phone rang. I quickly dry my hair with a smaller towel before tossing it to the bed, while the other one is secured around my waist.

"Hello." I pick the call without checking the caller ID.

"Hi Weston." Emily's cheerful voice comes through.

"Oh, hi Emily," I search through my closet for something to wear, while I hold up the phone with my free hand.

"How are you? It's been a while." I pick out a plain white-T shirt and sweatpants. I'll be home all day, so something comfy will do.

"I'm okay." I say to her. "How are you?"

"I'm okay too." She replies.

"Are you busy?" She questions as I put on my joggers. I put the call on speakerphone and lay it on my bed.

"No." She tells me about her friend who has a problem with her kitchen sink and asked if I can help.

"Of course. I'm free, so I'll be more than happy to help." I say to her as I went back to my closet to change my previous wears.

"Thank you. I'll send you the address."

"Sure." I cut the call after she thanked me once more.

She's always been kind and has always had this sweet approach towards people.

I step out after throwing on a simple outfit. Ivy and Chase were both in the living room when I left. I reminded myself to go see my Dad when I get back.

He still has to stay in the hospital for some time because he needs to fully recover before he gets discharged. They found other little problems too, so they were treating him.

I took my car instead of my motorcycle. The address Emily gave me is in the same area as her house is. I drive down and in no time, I was in the same street, following the address.

I don't believe so much in coincidence but once I see the house in front of me where the address number screamed boldly, I couldn't help but feel a sense of relief and that unsettling feeling I've had for quite sometime leaving me.

I'll finally apologise to her.

I drive into the compound that has no gate and nothing blocking the entrance and park at the driveway.