31. First Words

⁂⁂⁂

⁂⁂⁂

The woods cracks as I step on them. Brooke is closely ahead of me, walking through an indefinite path.

I stop to take pictures every time I find or see something that attracts me.

"The weather is lovely today." His voice comes again, making me grit my teeth in annoyance.

"Don't you think so Cheesecake?" He knows I'm still not gonna respond but he questions anyway.

Weston has tried everything for me to speak to him again, but I haven't. I haven't said any word to him since that day--- a week ago.

Even if I wanted to yell “Leave me the fuck alone Weston!” it would mean talking to him and that's the last thing I plan on doing.

"I would really love to see those photos." I move in another direction between two trees and I hear his steps follow me behind.

Weston has spent the past week by my side like some magnet. He hasn't left me for one second and even when I showed no interest in being around him, the more closer he became.

It's midday right now, towards the evening and like I've been doing since we got back from our little getaway, I came out to the woods to take pictures.

Both painting and photographing has helped me tremendously, like they always do. But Weston being who he is, decided to tag along even if I clearly showed that I wanna be alone.

"I won't stop trying Skylar until you forgive me and talk to me." Weston lets out and I hear the will in his voice.

I wanna say I hate him, I wanna say I can't forgive him. I wanna say a bunch of things that reflects my pain and anger, but even I know I would be only lying to myself and Weston.

He will easily see through me.

I really hate that he can do that.

"God, your silent treatment is as equal to a world problem!" He blurts out and I bite back the smile itching at the corners of my lips.

Of course, I miss him and I love that he's here with me.

Brooke's bark suddenly erupts and I snap my head at his direction. I start striding towards him with worry as his barks got louder. I could sense Weston become alert as well.

"Brooke?" I call out with worry. He only barks that furiously when he senses or sees something or someone that triggers him.

Weston and I make it to Brooke. He was barking at the tall trees, nothing in plain sight.

"Brooke?" I bend down to his level, pushing my camera to my back.

"What's wrong?" Weston moved past us, searching for what Brooke was barking at that we both didn't catch.