37. Sly Fox

⁂⁂⁂

⁂⁂⁂

I didn't wanna lie to Skylar. I hate lying to her, but I also know that I need to do this. I didn't wanna hurt her, that's why I lied instead.

I press on the doorbell of Morgan's apartment and she opens the door some minutes later.

"Weston?" The first thing I notice is how on edge she looks.

"What are you doing here?" She queries in an unfriendly tone.

I ignore her whole demeanour and question, stepping into her house without permission. By my equally cold exterior, I know she can sense that this meeting isn't our usual one.

It's something way more different.

My brows scrunched seeing all the packed cardboard cubed boxes laying around her apartment, but I don't dwell on it.

"Why did you do it?" I went straight to the point. There's no need to beat around the bush. Morgan throws me a confused look.

"Do what?" I can't entirely see her facial expression or even her face, because she has an oversized hood covering her head.

"Don't fucking play dumb with me Morgan." I try to maintain a good composure and firm voice.

"I don't know what you're talking about Weston." She plays ignorant and grab a tape to seal the boxes. I take a step towards her, not allowing any bit of anger show.

"Why did you tell Skylar we slept together again?" I mutter lowly and I witness her visibly stiffen.

I normally wouldn't come here, confronting Morgan like this because Skylar already knows she was my fuck buddy. And I originally don't give a fuck if Morgan attempted some kind of jealous ex thing with Skylar.

But that was the problem, I know Morgan. She was genuinely happy for me when she knew about me and Skylar. She cheered us on even.

Even if we slept together without any other sense of relationship which we both agreed to, I still saw her as a friend.

I'm way too nice for my own good.

Morgan pulling what she did with Skylar was really strange and not in some kind of obsessed jealous ex way.

It was way off.

She telling Skylar what she did wasn't suppose to be a surprise because we all know. But for the fact that she did that after knowing it could ruin what Skylar and I have, annoys the shit out of me.

Morgan didn't just tell her because she felt like saying it. I know there's a reason and I'm gonna find out what it is.

"B-because we did." She shrugs, but her little stutter just sold her off.

"Don't bullshit me Morgan." I warn harshly, bringing her attention solely back to me.

Her hood moves slightly on her head, but she adjusts it to cover her face completely and that's when I realise she's hiding her face from me.