41. Good Memories

⁂⁂⁂

⁂⁂⁂

Weston's face breaks into a little smile as he looks through my old pictures. The lights in my room are switched on as we are seated with pictures jumbled around us on the bed.

"You look so happy." Weston mutters.

Those are the first words he has said since I told him about everything. Even if his words are true, even if I was happy in those photos, they are all now tiny fragment of bad memories.

"Yeah, I was. But all those pictures are tinted now." He looks at me at that. The unreadable look in Weston's eyes, which he had on the entire time I spoke to him, now replaced the momentarily happy look.

He looks at me with an unreadable emotion in his eyes. I can't comprehend it.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I can now see hurt in his eyes.

"Because I didn't want you to look at me the way everyone else did.....like an addict." I mumble the last words, feeling my chest tighten at those memories and how I almost lost my life, because of an undeserving person.

He draws me to his body and hugs me. I feel tears watering my eyes. When did I become so vulnerable?

"Skylar how could you keep this from me?" Weston's voice holds pain as he speaks and that alone was enough to make tears fall from my eyes.

"You've been carrying something as hard as this alone, all this time." He holds me tighter into his bare chests, while I hold onto him with everything I have.

"It really hurts that you think I would see you like that." I wipe my face clean, but it was useless because the tears didn't stop falling. I'm way past fighting them at this point.

"Fuck." He cussed lowly with pain laced in his tone. Weston is hurting, I'm hurting....we were both hurting.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you. But the thought of you just looking at me different.......I didn't know if I could handle it." His hands cup my face as he pulls away to look at me.

"Hey listen to me." He wipes my tears with his thumb. He really hates it when I cry.

"You are the strongest, bravest, most unique woman I've ever met. You overdosed but you survived. I wasn't there then, but I'm here now, so let me be here for you Skylar." He placed a kiss on my forehead.

"I can't imagine how hard it must've been like for you, handling this pain and trauma alone. But you don't have to do it alone anymore." I sniffle.

"I wanna know your pain as much as I know what makes you happy, what makes you smile. But you have tell me these things okay?" I nod my head as a little smile creeps onto my lips.

"You really wanna know the fucked up parts of my life? My past?" He raised a questioning brow.

"Are you serious? I'm ready for the whole package Cheesecake." I laugh at that. He takes my lips in a soft, tender kiss.