38. Darkness

⁂⁂⁂

⁂⁂⁂

"Skylar."

"Skylar are you okay?" He takes steps towards me, but I move back. I began sweating unusually and I suddenly feel like throwing up.

"Skylar?" His voice is careful. He takes more steps that are filled with caution, closing in on our space.

"Stay away from me." I warn harshly.

My breathing starts getting rapid. I feel so paranoid and not just because of what he has done. I start seeing things, things that aren't there.....like an hallucination.

"I'm sorry." Guilt fills his expression as he steps further into the room. I continue moving back till I hit the bed's frame. I use my hand to cover my mouth when I feel a bile raise up to my throat.

Despite everything that's happening to me, I'm highly aware that there's an unwanted human getting closer to me.

"I'm really sorry Skylar." He pleads again, making me more irritated than I already am.

"Stay the fuck away from me Xavier!" I snap, taking him physically aback.

My body feels so hot and my chest starts hurting badly. What is happening to me?

Xavier's eyes are filled with concern as he watches me. He tries to touch me, but I push his hands away.

"Don't you dare touch me!" I snap at him.

"Skylar I'm sorry. Let's just talk about it." I scoff.

Although, everything I'm seeing now is spinning and it become even more harder to breathe.

When I couldn't stand on my feet again, I clash unto the bed. But my eyes are still stationed on Xavier.

"Skylar?" He notices everything that's going on with me and he moves closer again.

"Just let me--" He opens his mouth to speak, but his eyes smoothly diverts to the other side of the bed where the nightstand is--- where the drugs are spilled on the floor.

His concerned, worried and guilty expression immediately switches into fear, panic and horror. He looks at me then the drugs, back at me, then the drugs again.

"Oh my God, Skylar what did you do?" Xavier starts breathing in panic.

"No no no....shit shit shit!!!" He cusses rapidly, dragging his fingers through his dark hair in frustration.

I couldn't keep up with what he was doing any longer, cause my breathing has slowed down to the point I can't even breathe anymore. I fall back to the bed wholely and Xavier rushes over to me.