Irene's Plan

Hi darlings! Advanced Happy Halloween to everyone!!! 🎃

❤❤❤❤❤❤

💝Please COMMENT & VOTE💝

Riele opened the door to her father's study and saw him sitting behind his desk, going over some files.

"Dad, you wanted to see me?" She inquired softly.

Joseph looked up from his files and nodded slightly. "Sit down" He said pointing to the chair in front of his desk.

Noticing the stern edge in his tone, Riele gulped as she approached the said chair warily. From the corner of her eye, she spotted her step-mother sitting on the couch, arms crossed across her chest and a huge scowl on her face but like always, she simply ignored her and turned her attention to her father.

Joseph clasped his hands together and leaned forward. "Riele, is it true that you hit your mother last night?" He asked in the same stern voice.

Clearing her throat, Riele opened her mouth to speak when Irene spoke up. "Tell him, Riele! Tell him how you hit me and threatened me when all I did was come to your room to see if you are doing okay after what happened at the party!" Irene's voice cracked as she dabbed her kerchief at the corner of her eyes, pretending to dry her tears.

Riele squinted her eyes at the vindictive woman. "Oh shut up, Irene! Do you think I don't know what you're up to!?" She accused her.

"Did you see that, honey? Did you see the way she is yelling at me? You didn't believe me when I told you" Irene let out a sob, burying her face in her hands.

Joseph immediately got to his feet and went over to his wife, taking her in his arms and consoling her. "It's okay, baby, it's okay. I'll talk to her, okay? I'll talk to her"

He then turned to his daughter who was still fuming and shooting daggers at her step-mother. "Riele Downs, you're not to talk to your mother like that!" He scolded her.

"But Dad, she was the one who started it. She said some awful things about you and mom...."

"No, I didn't!" Irene interjected and turned to her husband. "Honey, you know I would never do something like that" She said in the utmost innocent voice.

"I know, sweetheart" Joseph stroked her hair lovingly before fixing his daughter with a stern glare.

"Riele, apologise to your mother. Now!" He ordered her.

"No, I won't apologise to that evil woman and she is NOT my mother!" Riele said firmly.

"RIELE!" Joseph raised his voice.

"She is playing you, dad. Why can't you see that?" She tried to get him to understand who Irene truly is but to no avail.

"That's enough, Riele!" Joseph snapped.

"Joseph, please don't be hard on her. It's okay, I get it. She doesn't like me" Irene said, a few more tears escaping her eyes as she turned to Riele.

"Riele, sweetheart, I'm sorry if I unknowingly hurt you in any way. Even though I didn't give birth to you, I love you like my own daughter and I....I hope you'll understand that" She spoke feigning love and sincerity.

Riele shook her head, laughing sarcastically. "You think I am that naive to believe your lies and crocodile tears, Irene? Never!" She declared.

"Riele, stop denigrating your mother!" Joseph huffed, looking at his daughter in disappointment. "I never expected this kind of behaviour from you, Riele. At first, when Irene told me, I didn't want to believe her but now seeing you yell at her like that...." He shook his head. "Guess I was wrong. You have indeed changed a lot"