The Twins' Birthday Party 🎂🎊

💝Please VOTE & COMMENT💝

Jace was sitting on a park bench as he watched the way his girlfriend interacted with the twins. This morning, Riele had insisted that they needed to go to the park across the street and spend some time there, saying that it was not good for little children to spend the weekend holed up in the small apartment, and Jace had agreed reluctantly.

At the moment, the twins were playing in the sand box, trying to make sand castles with Riele's help while Jackson was playing with some of the other children of his own age, a little further away.

Jace looked down to where Ruby was still asleep in the bassinet beside him. The baby yawned and stretched her plump little arms, sleeping peacefully. Smiling fondly, he tucked the light blanket securely around Ruby's feet from where she had kicked it away in her sleep before looking back up at Riele. His smile grew big when she pulled a funny face causing the twins to giggle. He loved the way she cared for his children.

"She's a really nice girl, isn't she?"

"Yeah, she's so beautiful" Jace couldn't stop the words from flowing out of his mouth.

"I....I'm sorry I didn't..." Jace turned to face Mrs. Barnes, blushing fiercely.

"It's....it's.... uhm... She's really great with the kids" He rephrased but Mrs. Barnes gave him a knowing smile.

"It's okay Jace, I know you like her" She handed him his coffee and sat beside him.

"Thank you, Mrs. Barnes" Jace smiled softly as he took a sip from his cup.

Mrs. Barnes smiled back. "You're welcome, sweetheart. Besides, you two make a cute couple" She said and Jace's cheeks flushed at the comment.

"Th...thank you, ma'am" He spoke shyly.

"Jace, look, look, look!!!" Riele called out, her voice filled with excitement.

Turning around, Jace's face split into a huge grin, his eyes twinkling with joy as he witnessed the scene in front of him.

His little nephew, who had been paralyzed ever since the tragic accident that killed his family, was now standing up on two wobbly feet with Riele's help as she encouraged him to take a step forward.

"Come on, sweetheart, you can do this! Come on Alex" She encouraged him as he shakily lifted his right leg and placed it in front of his left one.

"Yes, baby, that's it! Just one more step. Come on honey, you can do this!" Riele's voice shook as she spoke, tears pooling in her eyes as she watched the toddler take careful steps.

Mrs. Barnes pulled out her phone and started recording it while Jace watched awestruck.

After managing to take a few steps, Alex started to lose his balance and Riele didn't want to pressure him so she picked him up and spun him around as the little boy screamed in delight.

Setting him down, Riele pulled him into a tight hug, peppering his face with kisses. Her eyes were moist from emotion. "My sweet little prince, I love you so much. I'm so proud of you, sweetheart!"

"Love you too, mama" Alex whispered into her shoulder causing Riele to freeze in shock.

Pulling away, Alex paled, staring up at her with a frightened expression. "I... I'm sowwy..."

Riele shook her head, a goofy grin spread across her lips. "Oh honey, it's alright. You can call whatever you want and I would be honoured if you called me mama" She said, tears of joy rolling down her cheeks.