First Impressions

💝Please VOTE & COMMENT💝

When they walked into the dining room, Riele saw that the evil witch aka her step-mother was whispering something to her father. She did however stop speaking when she noticed Riele.

Irene's jaw dropped in shock as her eyes landed on Riele's date. He was not at all what she'd expected him to be like.

Irene thought for sure that Riele's so-called boyfriend, if he was real at all, was going to be some hideous looking middle aged man sporting a big old beer belly, probably already married and just fucking her on the side. No guy in his right mind would want to date an ugly pig like Riele. Or at least that's what she thought.

Seeing his daughter and her date arrive, Joseph stood up from his chair and walked over to greet them and Irene followed him, seethingly.

"You're looking lovely tonight, sweetheart" Joseph gave his daughter a loving kiss on her cheek which automatically brought a smile on her face. "Thanks, dad"

"Dad, Irene, I'd like you to meet my boyfriend, Jace Norman" She introduced him to them. "Honey, my father, Joseph and his wife, Irene"

"Pleased to meet you, sir, ma'am" Jace said, shaking hands with Mr. Downs and handing Mrs. Downs a small bouquet of lilies he had brought for her.

Irene just sneered in reply but received the flowers nevertheless.

Once they were seated at the table and the dinner was served, Irene decided to inquire more about her step-daughter's so called "boyfriend"

"Just how long have you two been seeing each other?" Irene asked, not bothering to hide her fierce scowl.

"A few months now, but it feels like we've known each other forever" Riele replied, glancing at Jace with a smile.

Joseph could clearly see that his daughter was smitten with this young man and if his instincts were right, Jace was also equally besotted with Riele.

"So, Mr. Norman...." Joseph began but was interrupted by Jace. "Please sir, call me Jace"

"Okay, Jace, my daughter tells me that you're not from around here"

"Uhm, yes sir, I used to live in Sunland Park with my family. We moved to New York a few months ago" Jace replied with a smile.

"Yes dad, Jace's parents were both doctors at the children's hospital in Sunland Park" Riele chimed in.

"That's nice. So, do they still live there or have they moved to New York too?" Joseph inquired further.

Jace's smile dropped as he shook his head. "No sir, my parents...." Jace choked up, remembering his parents but quickly recovered and answered. "They passed away last year, sir"

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Jace" Joseph said with compassion, giving his hand a gentle squeeze.

"Thank you, sir" Jace replied with a frail smile as he wiped the few tears that had managed to escape his eyes while Riele rubbed his back soothingly.

"So, which university did you attend, Jace?" Joseph asked, trying to change the subject.

At this question, Jace looked up at Riele who nodded at him reassuringly. "I went to NYU, sir, but I had to drop out so I could take care of my kids"

"Your kids?" Joseph tilted his head in incredulity.

Jace opened his mouth to explain but Irene spoke up. "See, I knew it!" She exclaimed, turning to give her husband accusatory looks. "I told you that he was just using her for the money and you didn't believe me!"