New Opportunities

A/N: Hi darlings! Sorry for the very long delay in updating this story. I have been dealing with some personal issues but I am back now and I will try my best to update regularly....😘😘

💗Please COMMENT & VOTE💗

Ruby had been running a fever for the past two days and Jace was reluctant to leave her side but he had to. What other choice did he have? He needed the job to provide for his family and his boss had already called him yesterday and told him that if he didn't show up for work one more day, he would be fired.

Jace walked up to the front door of his neighbour's apartment, hesitantly. Taking a deep breath, he gave a tentative knock and waited for someone to answer the door.

Moments later, the door opened to reveal a handsome man in his mid-fifties.

"Good morning, Mr

"Good morning, Mr. Barnes" Jace greeted him with a soft smile.

"Good morning, young man and please, how many times do I have to ask you to call me Cooper. I'm not that old you know" He said, pouting a little.

Jace couldn't help but chuckle at Cooper's expression. "Sorry, Cooper, it's just that...uhm..." Jace cleared his throat nervously, before speaking further. "It's just that I was wondering if you could do me a favour?" He added hesitatingly.

"Of course, son, what do you want my help with?"

"Ahh my boss called and he wanted me to come back to work but Ruby is still running a temperature and I don't want to leave her in daycare. So, if you don't mind, can you guys babysit her for the day? I will try to return as early as possible" He requested him.

"Oh come on, Jace, you know Liz wouldn't mind. Besides I'm planning on taking the day off so we would love to look after your little Angel for the day"

"Oh, thank you, thank you so much, Cooper" Jace smiled, relieved.

"I'll go get her bag then" He said and turned to leave when Cooper stopped him. "Wait, Jace"

"Yeah?" Jace turned back to see the older man studying him, his eyes filled with concern. "Are you okay, buddy? You look so tired"

"I'm fine, Cooper" Jace gave him a reassuring smile.

"Look, my wife and I are planning on taking my cousin's kids to the Disneyland this Saturday and we'll be more than happy to take your kids as well so you can get some much needed sleep. You look like you haven't slept in days"

"Thank you for your offer, Cooper but I'm sure my boss will be expecting me to work this weekend to make up for my absence" He said and went back to his apartment.

After leaving Ruby at Mr. and Mrs. Barnes' house, he dropped off the twins at the daycare and Jackson at his school before heading to work.

As he was walking towards the restaurant he worked at, he met one of his colleagues, Riley. "Hey man, how's your daughter doing? Is she alright?" He inquired.