I Love You

💝Please VOTE & COMMENT💝

Previously

"Tell me, baby. Please tell me" She coaxed him.

Lifting his eyes, Jace gazed up at Riele's face, her eyes filled with concern and gentleness. He knew that she deserved to know the truth. He could easily imagine the disdainful look she would give him when he told her about his childhood. 

All good things must come to an end, he thought wryly as he took a deep breath and began to tell her about his past. 

Now

"If Robert hadn't saved me that day, I'd still be nothing more than a cheap whore who would be willing to suck cock and spread his legs for a mere few bucks" Jace said, his eyes brimming with unshed tears. The self-loathing in his voice was very obvious.

When he finished telling her about his horrific childhood, he timidly looked up fearing the way she was going to react. As he had expected, her face was contorted with abject fury and her hands were clenched into tight fists as she stared at him with cold eyes. Just by seeing the look on her face, he knew it was over between them.

"I'm so sorry, Ms. Downs. I know this was not what you were expecting and I wish with all my heart that I could change my past and be something more than just a filthy prostitute but...." His voice choked with emotion as he blinked back the tears with great difficulty. "I didn't have a choice but to obey my uncle, I'm sorry"

He could not bear to even imagine that he wouldn't be able to be with her anymore. In the very short time they'd been together, he had hopelessly and irrevocably fallen in love with her. He thought she was the one for him. But at the same time, he knew his place and could not blame her if she doesn't want anything to do with him or his family anymore. He is also well aware of the fact that he wouldn't match up to her level in a billion years.

When she did not respond and continued to stare at him, he let out a sigh of despondency and got to his feet. "Once again, I'm sorry for not telling you until now and I know I don't deserve your forgiveness. If you don't mind, would it be alright if I sleep on the couch tonight? I promise you, my kids and I will leave first thing in the morning and I will make sure that you will never have to see my face, ever again" He said and turned on his heel with a heavy heart.

He felt his heart clench painfully when he thought about how he was going to tell his kids that they won't be seeing their mama again. They were so used to her reading them stories every night, her kissing them goodnight and sometimes singing them lullabies. In so little time Riele had become a vital part of their lives and now.....

In the meanwhile, Riele just sat there staring into space as she struggled to control her temper. To say she was appalled would be a gross understatement. She couldn't even begin to fathom how terrifying it would have been for a little boy to be abused in such a heinous way. She felt cold fury coursing through her veins when she thought about all those perverts who had tortured her boyfriend at such a tender age.

She could vaguely hear her boyfriend's voice saying something but her mind was too clouded with anger to register any of those words. Closing her eyes, she took several deep breaths to calm herself and when she finally came back to reality, she saw Jace about to leave the room.

"Wait, Jace, stop!" She called causing him to halt in his tracks and turn around, lowering his eyes to the ground as he resigned himself to face the consequences for his actions.

She then stood up and crossed the short distance, stopping in front of him. "Look at me" She ordered with an edge in her tone.

Jace shook his head, his eyes remaining downcast in guilt. "I'm sorry, Ms. Downs"