Dinner with the Downs 🍽

💝Please VOTE & COMMENT💝

"No..."

"No...!"

"Nope..."

"Definitely not that one..."

Jace plopped on the bed, huffing in frustration. "At this rate I'm never going to be able to find a proper outfit for tomorrow's dinner" He grumbled, turning to face Owen.

"Owen, come on, man, help me out here. You've been doing this for a long time. What do you think I should wear?" Jace looked at him pleadingly.

"Sorry buddy, I can't help you with this. Usually when rich chicks hire me, they only want me to accompany them to a party or a wedding. Well, sometimes they also hire me to just spend the night with them but no one has ever hired me so they could introduce me to their parents as their boyfriend" Owen said and Jace hummed in reply.

"Hey, what did you say her name was again?" Sean inquired.

"Uhmm...her name is Riele Downs" Jace answered, earning a gasp from all three guys.

Jace scrunched his eyebrows in perplexity. "Ahh, do you guys know her?"

"Wait, is this the woman who hired you?" Keith asked, showing him a picture of Riele that he had managed to find on the internet.

"Ahh...yes, she's the one" Jace replied, feeling a bit nervous when he saw the expressions on his friends' faces.

"Damn, Norman, you didn't say that Riele Downs wants you to be her boyfriend!" Owen was astounded.

"Ah she wants me to be her "fake" boyfriend, Owen" Jace corrected him.

"Well, does it matter? You hit the fucking jackpot man! Congrats!" Keith exclaimed.

"I'm sorry, Keith but I don't understand what you're saying. I mean yes, I think she is rich but..."

Owen let out an amused laugh. "Rich is an understatement, buddy. She is the only daughter of Joseph Downs!"

"Who?" Jace tilted his head incredulously.

Sean shook his head in disbelief. "Jace, are you telling me that you don't know who this woman is?"

"No?" Jace replied in a small voice.

"Didn't you even look her up on the internet to find out who she is?" Keith asked, unable to believe that his friend could be so naïve.

"No, I didn't. Now, will someone please tell me who this Joseph Downs is?" He asked, feeling apprehensive about the whole thing.

Was he going to be in trouble for taking this job?

"He's only the third richest man in the country!" Owen replied nonchalantly.

To say Jace was stunned or amazed would be a gross understatement. He sat there for a long time simply staring, not moving, not making a sound. Then he said in a quivery voice, "Oh my God! I'm screwed!"

"That is true, buddy! You're so screwed. You can't wear any of this shit when you meet her parents. I mean come on, man, don't you have something a little more fancier than this?" Keith said, gesturing to the passé clothes laid in front of him on the bed.

"Keith, you know that crazy woman burnt all his stuff when he refused to get back with her" Sean reminded, glaring at his roommate.

Jace felt a shiver run down his spine as he thought about what Shelby had done. He could still remember that day perfectly.

He had gone to the convenience store to buy some groceries when Shelby snuck into his parents' house and gathered all his stuff in a heap on the front yard and set it on fire. When Jace returned from the store, he was shell shocked to see all his precious belongings and pictures burning in front of his eyes while Shelby just stood there with a maniacal grin on her face.