Chapter 6: Blink.

Have you heard of the action blink? The question played and played continuously in Michael's head. "Did you guys bring me here to blink?" he asked with a quizzical look.

"Okay, it seems you don't know what it means, and that is a good thing" Vivian replied Michael

"Well, we're going to use a video to explain what it means to Blink. Ryuuki! Lights" Vivian said pointing towards the large screen.

After Ryuuki had put off the lights, the video began playing. The video intro looked like a child's infographic, with 2 dimensional animals and a smiling sun, and suddenly Vivian popped onto the screen with the colorful background still there, making her look like something out of place. The video looked highly unpleasant to Michael, so he turned towards Ryuuki from time to time, to rid himself the task of watching the video. Michael continued staring at Ryuuki, until Ryuuki mouthed "Watch the video or I'll kill you", forcing a petrified Michael to turn towards the screen.

"I'm sorry for the animations though, I'll make sure Delai and Ryuuki sharpen their video animation skills" Vivian said.

"Wait, they did this?" Michael said, barely holding a laugh back.

"No! We -" Delai started, but she was cut off by Vivian, "Oh, would you look at that, let's all watch attentively" Vivian said.

"Hey there! If you are watching this right now, you are with the Guardians creed! Well, just in case I'm not there at the time you are watching this video, my name is Vivian, and I'm the leader of the Guardians creed. What I wish to tell you about is the word, or rather the action - Blink. You may be asking, am I talking about blinking your eyes? No! It's more like blinking yourself! You see, there is what we call the Neuralink, it's like a giant grid that covers every inch of the universe and, it's a result of another dimension that overlaps with the dimension of our universe. The Neuralink allows you to Blink, that is, "jump" from one point to another in space, in a really miniscule period of time. Why? You may ask, it's because time and displacement move faster in that other dimension. So, you can simply exit this dimension, walk two steps in the other dimension, and appear somewhere 500 kilometers away, in a split second.

Another question you may have is that- can all people blink? The answer is no. Only a few people can blink, 5 people to be exact and, they are chosen for only a lifetime, that is, when they die, their powers move to another set of people

The last thing I think you will ask is - So who is are the guardians creed? The Guardian's creed is an organization of trained men, women, animals and machines all purposed to finding, protecting and training the Blinks.

Well, that is all I can say from here, ask any Guardian there just incase you have any enquiries."

Vivian stopped the video, while Ryuuki turned on the lights. "I'm sure you have a lot of questions, ask them please" Vivian said to the confused look on Michael's face. Michael wanted to believe what Vivian that Vivian and the others were lying, that they were just a bunch of lunatics, trying to play a prank on someone, but their facial expressions didn't match the impression he had of them, "They look too serious for this to be a prank" he thought to himself.

"H...how did you people know I was a Blink then?" I finally said.

"Well, I will commend you for piecing things up and figuring out you were a blink, the previous blinks could not do that" Vivian started, "As for how we knew you were a blink, you remember when I said we had trained machines yeah? It's those machines that helped locate you and the others. Every human being has an energy signal, and the Blink energy has a different energy signal, our machines are made to locate those different energy signals". Vivian paused as if she was considering her next words, then she said "We actually pinpointed you about 7 years ago, and unlike the energy signals of the other blinks, yours was faint, and is still faint, suggesting that your powers had not manifested yet, so we waited".

"So why are you people contacting me now?" Michael asked, studying their facial expressions for signs of deceit, but he found none.

"Because, we were scared that the Anti-blinks would make their move" Delai cut in.

"And just who are the Anti-blinks?" Michael asked them.

"They are an organization that hunt and kill blinks, they are responsible for the deaths of the other blinks that had existed before you" Delai said.

"And they responsible for the lights" Ryuuki cut in.

"Are you serious, they are the responsible for THE lights?" Michael said, overemphasizing the "THE" part.

"Yup they are!" Ryuuki and Delai said in unison.

They all knew what those lights were. The lights or "whisking lights" like many had called them were a phenomenon, that were responsible for the disappearances of thousands of people for the last 8 years. At first the government did not take the reports seriously, until thousands of people kept reporting the same thing - A bright light had whisked their relatives away. Many had tried to explain the lights but the most plausible one was that, the lights were a mysterious phenomenon, like the Bermuda triangle on Earth.

"Look Michael, what you have is a great ability that needs to be nurtured and protected, come join us at the base, and we would help you do that, and maybe, we could take down the Anti-blinks and create a better future for all the future blinks" Vivian said.

"That's a well-rehearsed speech Vivian, did you tell that to the dead blinks before me too?" Michael shot back at Vivian.

"Michael, you need to calm down, we are trying to protect you here" Delai said in a cool tone.

"Do not tell me to calm down, I don't even have this "Blink" power you people speak of, so how sure am I that you people are not lying?" Michael yelled.

"Do we look like people that are lying" Ryuuki cut in, introducing silence into the room.

"Look, we don't plan to kill you or anything, we would have done that by now if we wanted. We just want to protect you, from the people that actually want to kill you" Ryuuki said breaking the silence.

"Oh! Would you shut up, how well have you people been doing that?" Michael shot back at Ryuuki.

"I'm out of here! If any of you come after me, I would report to the police!" Michael yelled, walking towards the office door.

"Michael wait!" Delai said, running towards Michael.

"Let him go" Vivian said, stopping Delai in her tracks

"Make sure you don't follow me!" Michael said, slamming the door.

"Do you think he'll be hard to kill?" Vivian said to Delai, shortly after Michael slammed the door.

"I think he's a bit smart, but he won't be too hard to kill" Delai responded

"Very well then, Ryuuki! Go after him" Vivian said.

"Okay ma'am" Ryuuki said, leaving the office.

.

.

.

.

What did you think about this chapter? What are your thoughts concerning Michael's reaction? What do you think the guardian creed is really about?

Also, the book cover has also been replaced, please let me know your thoughts concerning the new one!😉

Keep those comments coming in! 😉.

Also, if you loved this chapter, consider voting for it (by clicking on that little star🌟)

Thanks for reading!❤️