Chapter 29: Discord.

"So, what exactly happened Delai?" Vivian asked

"I found him unconscious when I went back to clean the warehouse" Delai said flatly.

"Did he say anything?" Myloe asked

"Bro. she said he was unconscious" Ryuuki said with a sigh.

"How do you even have the brain enhancement?" Beckett muttered.

"What the fuck did you say?" Myloe snapped.

Vivian slammed both hands on a table "Calm down! All of you!"

"We have to figure out where his wife is" Vivian said in a desperate tone.

"Myloe update us please" Vivian asked.

"Well, I'm having a hard time getting security footage, but my best guess is the Anti-blinks" Myloe said.

"No shit Myloe" Ryuuki said with his arms up

"Any guesses on where they took her to?" Vivian asked

"Well, it seems that there was a brief delay on the traffic lights that day, almost as if someone wanted a smooth drive. The most probable road was... Guys you won't believe this! It's the RMA"

"Shit. Do we know anyone there?" Vivian asked, with a finger to her chin. The whole group turned towards Beckett, expecting a favorable answer.

"We have uhhh... one person there, but she is not exactly suited for assisting a break in" Beckett said.

"Brief her of the situation, let's see what she says. Let's do everything to get her ready" Vivian said, with a hint of enthusiasm in her tone.

Ryuuki yawned, looking at the foggy glass that separated the group from their detainee. "Isn't the room too cold? I don't want to bury another blink"

"It's not cold enough to kill him. It's just to protect us" Ritchie muttered

Ryuuki idly picked his nose, cocked his head "But what happens if we release him? Does he shout for joy and hug us for keeping him in a freezer?"

The room was filled with silence"He is a reasonable person, I'm sure he would take it well" Delai finally say.

"He is a reasonable person" Ryuuki mimicked,

"Isn't that the same thing you said about Tammy?" Ryuuki asked in a mocking tone.

"Fuck" Tom muttered under her breath.

"I'm sorry Delai, I didn't mean to-"

Delai stared at Ryuuki for some moments, like everyone in the room "No. It's cool. I now understand the irony of what I said" Delai sadly muttered, and with a pause she left the room.

"What the hell man?" Beckett asked, trying his best to hide the anger in his tone.

"I didn't mean to I'm sorry, I was just... nervous" Ryuuki said, staring down at his feet.

"Enough excuses already, follow her!" Vivian hissed, and with a nod, Ryuuki raced after Delai. The room was once again filled to the brim with silence.

"Guys! Who else thinks Ryuuki being nervous was the biggest contradiction of the year?" Myloe said

"Not now Myloe" Tom hissed.

"So what do we do now?" Kimi asked.

"Well... Till Ryuuki and Delai are present, we'll have to reconvene the meeting" Vivian nervously said.

"Anyways, I think we should increase the temperature in the containment room by a few degrees, lest he stops aging" Myloe said with a laugh.

"My god, he is so stupid" Ella muttered

"Don't you know when to stop?" Tom said, a bit more aggressively.

"It seems you don't understand the joke. Remember the old pre-Minervan movie, with captain Ame-"

"Would you just shut up?!" Vivian angrily said.

"da-dum" Ella hummed with a smile, Michael lightly smacked her head.

"I'm sorry ma'am" Myloe said with both his hands in the air.

Vivian sighed in response, "You need to learn to read to read the room Myloe"

"Yes ma'am" Myloe muttered.

Vivian picked her jacket an turned to leave the room"Beckett, make sure you contact the girl in RMA"

"Okay I will"

.

.

.

.

.

.

What are your thoughts on this chapter? Keep those comments coming in!!!

If you loved this chapter, please consider voting for it (by clicking on the little star)

Thanks for reading!!!