Chapter 20: Back to school.

MICHAEL'S POV (Earlier that morning).

The next morning was the worst morning I had in my life, Beckett woke me at 5 am to dye my hair "Tom-black", or so he said it. He also went through a long list of do's and don'ts concerning the school and Kayla.(yeah that was her name).

After wearing my mask and clothes Beckett gave me, Beckett created my fake Id, and transfer papers. "What name do you want Mike?" Beckett yelled as I wore my shoes.

I didn't have time to think of a name so I asked him to give me any name he wanted. Shortly after Beckett gave me my fake Id and my fake school recommendation from some "celebrity principal".

"I don't think the two of us should be seen together, so we'll leave home at different times. I'll leave through the front door, you will have to leave through a bushy part at the back. When you get to the school, use the Id to get through the security, then present the letter to the principal, if he attempts to call the number in the letter, stay calm, Myloe would deal with that" Beckett said with a more serious expression.

Beckett left shortly after his instructions, starting my 20-minute countdown. Once the timer beeped, I left the house through the back. The walk to the school was uneventful, and short. It seemed like the bushy path was the shortcut, answering the question of why I had to wait for 20 minutes.

The security guards were no issue and I got past them without Id. I headed to the principal's office, with Beckett's instructions sounding in my head.

"Tom huh?" the principal said, reading my letter.

"That bastard!" I thought, clenching my fist. "Y-yes sir" I said forcing a kind tone.

"It says Donny Ray recommended you and that's impressive, however do you mind if I speak to your parents?" the principal said with a mild smile.

"Not at all sir, I will bring them tomorrow" I said with a smile

"Okay then, let me walk you to your class" the principal said

The walk to the class was as boring as the principal kept talking about rules of the school. "If only he knew I wasn't coming here again, he wouldn't waste so much energy" I thought.

We finally got to the classroom and the principal went forward to speak to the teacher, while I waited. "Come on Tom" the principal called to me.

"This is Mr. Ray, he is your class teacher. Ray please say hi" the principal said with a stern tone.

"Hello Tom, I'm Ray" the teacher said sarcastically.

"I'll leave you two to it" the principal said, leaving the class.

"Okay, introduce yourself to the class" the teacher said weakly.

"My name is Tom, I'm new here and I hope to have a great semester with you all" I said trying to spot Beckett. "Kayla sits beside me" I heard his voice say in my head.

I finally saw him beside the window and a brown-haired girl. "That must be Kayla" I muttered walking to the empty seat beside her.

"Hey" I said nervously as I sat beside her.

"Hello, I'm Kayla. What are you in here for?" she replied with a smile

"What?" I said with a confused expression.

"You may not realize yet, but this is actually a prison" she said with a playful tone.

"She seems nice and it should be easy to knock her out" my thoughts sounded in Ryuuki's voice.

"I knew those fences were too high" I said with a chuckle. "I'm in here because of my parents, they just moved here dragging me along with them" I added with a playfully serious voice, trying to play along.