Chapter 31: Birds of a feather flock together.

Ryuuki walked slowly but deliberately to the elevator, his eyes glued to the red carpet as he walked "How could I-" he winced at the thought of what he said to Delai. He heard the familiar ping of the elevator ahead of him and walked fast to catch up, "I have to talk to her, somehow" he screamed in thought. He got to the elevator, but it was already closed, he looked at the number 3, displayed above the elevator door. Now he was sure of where she was going, he raced down the stairs with his enhancement, hoping he'll get there fast enough.

The elevator doors slid open to reveal Delai, she leaned on the inner wall of the elevator for some moments, as if she wasn't ready to leave the confines of the elevator yet. She craned her neck backwards, staring at the bright light on the elevator roof, muttered some inaudible words and with a sigh, she finally left the elevator with a weak smile, walking towards her room.

Ryuuki saw this, all of it from the corner across the hall, when he was still memorizing what to tell her. He hated this part of her, the part that had to pretend that she was ironed in and out, the part that didn't allow for weakness. He wanted to scold her like he usually did, only he knew this part of her after all, but he couldn't, he wasn't in the position to, after all, he did say that.

Delai caught sight of him before entering her room "Hey man! What are you peeking there for?" Delai said with her usual smile.

Ryuuki stiffened, his shoulders seemed to rise above his head, he knew that smile too well, "Delai can we talk, please?" He said, almost in a whisper.

Delai frowned "If it's about the Tammy thing, don't worry, it doesn't- I'm okay," she said in an unreadable tone.

"Please Delai?" Ryuuki added with a pleading tone.

"Okay then, come in," Delai said with a wave of her hand, entering her room.

Ryuuki followed after her, closing the door behind him. Delai's room was just as it always was- neat. Unlike the rest of the creed, Delai did her best to customize her room the way she wanted, she changed the floors to wooden ones, with a threshold at the door for shoe removal, and she framed her 2 best paintings on either side of a poster of chaos on one wall. The paintings and poster were all perfectly straight as if she used a leveller to measure them. She arranged her gun and katana collection beside the space for her futon, and she carefully hid the closet at the further end of the room. The rooms were all the same size, but she seemed to have way more space because she arranged everything just right. There were even rumours among the Guardians that she was seen using a ruler to accurately measure the positions of objects in her room.

"Ryuuki, please sit on the chair, I have to remove my contacts" Delai yelled from the bathroom.

Ryuuki yelled back "Okay" He frowned at the seat in front of him, "no legs" he muttered. After some deliberation, he finally sat down, crossing his legs. Ryuuki was obviously east Minervan, he was taken from an orphanage there after all, yet Delai was always more east minervan than him, even though she came from North Minerva, she even learnt the East Minervan native language before him! Ryuuki fiddled with his hands, and stretched his legs, trying to feel more comfortable, but he was growing more nervous. He stared at the Chaos poster, to distract himself.

"Sorry I took too long" Delai suddenly said behind him, jerking him out of his thoughts. Delai's bright green eyes flashed, as she towelled her black silky hair at the threshold of her bathroom. Her eyes had always been the most beautiful of the squad, they were fiercely green, like emeralds, and they shone the brightest too. However, she always wore contacts, even when she was in the creed.

Delai frowned "Why are you staring at me like that?" You've never seen a girl drying her hair or what?

"Tch you wish. It's just been a long since I saw your eyes, that's all" Ryuuki said dismissively.