Chapter 18: Fire Girl.

"Hey Fire-girl!"

"Yeahhhhh... today is the day I go to prison for Murder" I muttered, slowly turning to see who called me by my infamous nickname.

"What're you gonna do Fire-girl?" He said again, with a grin.

"Shit, I can't kill this one" I said, looking up at Dusty Mines and his minions

"What do you want Dusty?" I said with as much confidence I could muster.

"Funny thing to say, after the stunt you pulled yesterday" he said in anger, rubbing the bandages on his arm.

"What Beckett did wasn't my fault!" I shot back.

"Seems Kayla has more confidence than usual boss" one of Dusty's minions said.

"Shut up Mitch!" I shot back.

"Yeah I agree, it seems we need to remind her of the punishment for talking back to us" Dusty said with his usual sickening smile, walking towards me. Then I ran, with him chasing me.

I ran through the corridors, hoping someone would help, but everyone continued their business, without even a glance. I took a sharp right at the end of the corridor, hoping to get to the principal's office, but I ended up slamming myself against my classroom's door, rolling into the empty class.

"Fire-girl, it seems this is the end of the line for you" I heard one of Dusty's minions say as he clicked the classroom door shut.

"Shut-up, Mitch!" I shot back, still trying to maintain my confidence.

"Maybe we would call you toothless fire-girl as from today" Dusty said, cracking his fingers.

This is it, I'm never going to speak again, or smile again, not like I had a reason to smile before, but I wanted that ability still. Shit, back to the situation at hand, I was about to lose my teeth. I closed my eyes expecting that familiar jab but nothing happened. Suddenly there was a "swoosh" as if someone ran beside me, then a sickening "crunch" sound.

"Shit, could it be that the pain was too much for my brain to comprehend, that I can't feel anything?" I thought to myself.

At least that's what I thought till I heard a familiar voice, it was the Dusty screaming. I opened my eyes to see Dusty and his friends in the most sickening postures possible, so sickening that I threw up. Dusty kept screaming with his head almost facing his back, till the principal and a large number of students came.

"Oh... now they come, after the bully got injured" I muttered, staring at Dusty with a smirk.

Funny enough, the security guards came to confine me till the police came, for 'assaulting' Dusty and 4 other boys. I wanted to fight them off, prove I was innocent, but they weren't worth such a performance, especially because I had come to school with a swollen face several times and no one said anything.

The police eventually came, after taking a long time and ruining my epic exit. I was confined in the station and made to answer more questions than I could pass in a math test, then finally they let me go, not because they thought I was innocent but because they couldn't imagine that I could do that to 5 boys 10 times my size.

I walked from the station to my home that night because my "parents" didn't even care to pick me. I spent the whole time thinking, "what was that?", "why did it happen?" and most of all "why didn't happen to me?". However, I made a decision before getting home. Sure, I didn't like to think I did that, but I was going to make other people think I did it, especially in school. Why? Because it was the only way to protect myself, by making them fear me.

Knocking on the front door to my house, I hear a familiar voice "That Bitch is finally here!!!!"

"Here we go again" I sighed, entering the house.

.

.

.

.

What did you think of this chapter? Do you think Dusty deserved what happened to him? How do you think dusty got injured? Keep those comments coming in!

Also, if you loved this chapter, consider voting for it (by clicking on that little star)

Thanks for reading!