Chapter 17: Extraction II.

MICHAEL'S POV.

"We can't just extract the target Ryuuki!" Delai exclaimed in frustration.

"But the sooner we finish this, the safer we are, and the sooner I get to sleep! So let's pick her up already!" Ryuuki shot back.

"You only think of sleep, nothing else! Beckett! Talk to him!" Delai yelled

"Uhhh... Ryuuki has a point, shouldn't we be picking Kayla before the Anti-blinks come over, or before she does something stupid?" Beckett replied, itching his hair nervously.

"But if she freaks out and blinks away, we might never see her again. I say we get her to trust us before we pick her!" Delai shot back at Beckett.

"So what do you propose Delai?" Ryuuki asked with a surprisingly calmer tone.

"I think Beckett should continue with his undercover business, I would join him. Then we would gently explain everything to her before taking her to the creed" Delai said.

"What do you think Michael?" Beckett asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Well, I don't think we should risk the anti-blinks getting her first. So, let's just get her before evening tomorrow. If she refuses to comply, we would knock her out and drag her home" I replied weakly.

"Bro... your words had Ryuuki spelt all over, don't let him steal your humanity" Beckett said with a nervous chuckle.

"Okay, let's follow Michael's plan. Beckett and Michael should go to school tomorrow. I and Ryuuki would stay for back-up... or body lifting" Delai said with a weird smile.

"Am I the only one that didn't like the sound of "body-lifting"?" I said with a horrified expression.

"Don't think about it too much man" Beckett said pulling the locks of his hair. "Okay, so Ryuuki, please keep Delai in check, we don't want her doing crazy stuff" Beckett added.

"Okay" Ryuuki said sleepily.

"Okay, let's go Mike. I have to sort out your fake identity" Beckett said, walking to his car.

The ride to Beckett's house was uneventful with idle talk. He went from talking about Tom's black hair, to cars, to Tom's 'beautiful eyes', to music, to Tom's voice, then he just kept talking about Tom's smile till we got to his house.

The rest of the night was thankfully uneventful, with... no Tom- talk, and a lot time to think. I knew what I had to do, I had to save Kaitlin, or was it Katherine? No it was Katniss, yes Katniss. I was going to save Katniss from the Anti-blinks tomorrow and hopefully, I was going to activate my Blink too.

Was it Katniss?

.

.

.

.

What did you think of this chapter? How do you think Michael would do? Keep those comments coming in!

Also, if you loved this chapter, consider voting for it (by clicking on that little star)

Thanks for reading!