Chapter 23: "Your free trial has ended".

IYA'S POV.

"July 40th 5042

It has been a few weeks since I started the therapy the doctors recommended and I feel much better. My joints no longer hurt as much as they did, and I can perform basic movements with no issue.

It hasn't been easy for me, but I am determined to work even harder so I can resume the RMA soon. I have to, for Michael's sake at least. I have to find out who killed Michael, I have to investigate the electromagnetic barrier... there is just so much to do, but I can't give up."

"Do you wish to save?" I heard the monotone voice say beside me

"Yes please"

"All done!" the robotic voice answered.

Since the Grimwhale incident, the virtual assistant in my helmet seemed broken, it no longer had a human tone to its voice, it stuttered here and there. "I would have to get it fixed at Neocity" I muttered staring at the window.

"I'm here at the central Minervan high school where of recent, there was a terrorist attack. The terrorists attacked the school and supposedly abducted 3 students" the reporter said with 3 pictures on the screen.

"The terrorists have been identified as the perpetrators of the west bridge tunnel collapse by the police and-"

The Television went off at the sound of a click beside me. "This information is irrelevant to you" a voice followed.

"How did I not see you come in?" I muttered in shock

"You were too engrossed in the news" Delai said

"It has been long Delai" I said with a smile.

"Yeahhh... I have been busy" Delai said dismissively. "I kinda hoped I will meet you back to normal now though" She added after a pause.

"Yeah, me too. The doctors say I am getting better, but I know I'm not fast enough"

"Okay, get well soon! You have a school to attend" Delai quickly said with a cheery tone, as if she noticed the change of mood.

"Has Groddy been coming?" Delai said with a thoughtful tone

"Yeah, he comes almost every day. He worries too much"

"That's good. I will have to thank him one of these days" Delai said, her voice trailing off.

"Are you okay Delai? You don't sound like yourself" I asked, concern hinting in my voice.

"Yeahhhhh, I'm good" Delai said dismissively

"Are you sure Delai?"

"Yeahhh, don't bother about me. I'm just tired that's all" Delai said with a weak smile.

"Okay, if you say so" I said with concern in my tone

"You know, instead of worrying about me, worry about yourself. I hear the RMA resumed about 2 months ago". "Your work just keeps piling" Delai added with a teasing tone.

"I know, I know. I'm doing my best"

"Well, keep doing that. Take your time" Delai said with a wave of her hand, as she walked towards the window.

"Leaving already?"

"Yup, duty calls" Delai said

"Yeahhh... where do you work Delai? I know you said it is in Neocity, but where?" I asked. Delai appeared in our town, months after Michael left and she quickly became relevant in a lot of things in the town because of how reliable she was. However, Delai was not in Dumbley most of the time. She said she worked outside the town most of the time, in Neocity, but why did she live here instead of Neocity? What was her job? Those were questions no one tried to clarify. At least till now.