Chapter 12: Many paths lead to mountain Green box's summit.

MICHAEL'S POV

I woke up to a throbbing headache, with my head dangling on something. It took me moments later to realize I was on Delai's shoulder.

"Dude, you really need to work on yourself, how did you pass out?" Delai said when she realized I was awake.

"How long have I been out?" I replied her, while trying to recognize where I was.

"I'm not exactly your nurse, so I didn't keep records... but I'll say 8 hours" she replied.

"Oh wow, where are you carrying me to?" I asked her, reaching for the ground with my feet.

"The creed of course, where else would I be taking you to? Iya?" She asked as I finally came down from her shoulders.

"You know, you could thank me for carrying you. For 8 hours. On my shoulders. Without payment" she said

"Thanks, Delai" I muttered, regretting that I forgot to thank her.

"That's more like it! Well, we should move faster, we don't want to be out here after dark" she announced, quickening her pace.

The path we were taking to the Guardians Creed seemed different, very different. I wasn't sure if it was because the first time I was here it was dark, but the path we were taking looked different.

"Uhhhh... Delai? Is this different from the path I and Ryuuki took?" I asked her.

"Yeahhhh, it is. Everything has more than one path, even mount green box." She said with a dismissive tone.

"But, mount green box only has one path, the stairs" I replied her.

Mount green box was probably the weirdest thing to exist in Minerva, apart from the lights that is. It was literally a mountain shaped like a box, and it had plants growing all over it, hereby earning the name Green-box. The Mountain is believed however to have been the doing of a volcanic eruption by scientists, but its hard to believe that a volcanic eruption was that precise. There were many failed expeditions concerning reaching the summit of Green-box, simply because the mountain was shaped like a cube – making it hard to climb. However, scientists decide to construct a building next to the Green-box, (with a lot of stairs), so people could reach the summit. So, there were not many routes to the peak of Green-box, just one, which was the building.

"Well, if you take a helicopter to the peak, there are now many ways, don't you think?" Delai said with a disappointed tone, as if she had expected me to think of that.

"Oh... yeah, that's true" I muttered.

"Dude, you have to learn to think properly, or you won't last long" Delai said with a worried expression.

"Yeah, I would wor-" I started, but was interrupted by Delai who was now stumping on the ground.

"Uhh... what are you doing, is there something down there?" I asked Delai with a concerned tone.

"Yes, the hatch to tunnel to the creed is somewhere here, but I can't remember where exactly" she muttered, stumping in frustration.

I joined her in stumping the ground to listen for the metallic sound of the hatch. My rehearsed stumping was interrupted by a metallic sound from where Delai was standing.

"Yeah, I found it!" Delai announced, bending to open the hatch.

We both entered the hatch and continued walking in a partially lit tunnel, with flickering lights.

"It's been long since I was here, so forgive me if we get lost!" Delai announced in a cheery tone.

"Did the guardian's creed build these tunnels?" I asked Delai.

"Not really, these tunnels have been here for a while, I think they were for a failed government subway project. The creed simply built on the tunnels" Delai said.

"That's good" I replied her.

"Did anything about the sniper seem familiar to you?" Delai asked, with an expression I couldn't understand, was it fear, or confusion? I wasn't sure.

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

"Never mind, it's not like you have a people database or something" Delai said.

"Well, I don't exactly know why, but something about him seemed..." I started, but Delai completed the sentence "Familiar?".

"Exactly" I replied her.

"Hmmmmm... well, I have a lot to think about this night" Delai said with a sigh.

We both walked for the next few minutes in silence, Till, we were faced by a large circular door, just like the one in Vivian's office.

"Welcome to the alternate route to the Guardian's creed!, Try to remember it, you'll be using it from now on" Delai said with a cheery tone, unlocking the door.

.

.

.

.

What did you think about this chapter? What are your thoughts concerning Delai? Who do you think the sniper is?

Keep those comments coming in! 😉.

Also, if you loved this chapter, consider voting for it (by clicking on that little star 🌟)

Thanks for reading!