Chapter 25: The ghosts.

"What exactly is the problem Ritchie?" Delai asked.

"You know how 3 of the blink signals disappeared some years ago? Well, I've found them...  " Ritchie said, before turning his tablet towards us.

"I stand here in front of the Neocity Bank which was just robbed by the notorious ghosts. This is the 22nd robbery of the 'ghosts'- as nicknamed by the police. They are robbers that suddenly appear in the bank vaults and disappear minutes later... without a trace. The police previously said..." Ryuuki turned the tablet back to himself, visibly worried.

"Oh shit" Tom said with nervous chuckle.

"It seems our next blinks are criminals" Beckett said nervously.

"And they can blink... really well" Myloe said with an equally nervous tone.

"How much power punches can you handle Delai?" Vivian asked nervously, chewing her nails.

"Probably whatever that won't break concrete... that's all I can take now" Delai said in a surprising nervous tone.

"Isn't that the Minimum?" Kimi muttered, startling Michael.

"I've told you to stop going invisible when you're with us Kimi!" Vivian said sternly.

"I'm sorry Ma'am, it was for practice" Kimi said timidly.

"She's been doing this a lot since she got that fabric from Beckett" Ryuuki muttered at Delai.

"Yeahhh... At least she no longer walks around naked" Delai sighed.

"What fabric?" Michael asked

"Nothing much... just a weird fabric Beckett stole from Neosoft. It can go invisible or camouflage with Kimi and Beckett, so we let them make clothes out of it." Delai said with a proud smile.

"So, how do we catch these new blinks" Kayla asked, interrupting Delai.

"Finally! someone is talking about the issue at hand" Ritchie said with his arms up.

"Well, we don't Kayla. You can't catch a blink, especially one that knows thier stuff" Delai said flatly.

"We can only lure them into a trap" Ryuuki added.

"A perfectly set up trap" Beckett added, with a fist-bump from Ryuuki.

"Notwithstanding, we have to prepare. Delai you might be testing the high density suit from Neosoft on this mission" Vivian said with a wink.

"Just how many things have you people stolen from Neosoft?" Michael asked.

"A lot, but the density suit was made by a friend of Vivian. He works at Neosoft" Tom said.

"Woah! The creed has connections too?" Michael asked.

"Yeahhh... kinda" Tom said sadly.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Kayla asked.

"Most of them betrayed us" Myloe said flatly.

The mood in the room changed in a few moments. Everyone except Michael and Kayla, became gloomy, as if they were remembering something that happened, something extremely sad. However, Michael ended up pretending to reminisce with them.

"So what's the plan?" Kayla asked, breaking the silence.

"How does being a rich South Minervan gang sound?" Myloe turned on his chair to face us, a mischievous smile plastered on his face.

The whole group sighed at Myloe's suggestion.

"It seems he is still trying to live that fantasy" Tom mumbled.

"How exactly would that help us Myloe?" Ryuuki finally snapped.

"I know it would sound crazy, but hear me out guys!" Myloe pleaded.

"Okay, you can talk Myloe" Ella sighed

"Thank you! Okay, so why don't we make the robbers rob us?" Myloe said with a clap.

"Why would they fall for that?" Michael asked.

"Because they have a large ego already, they would never believe it's possible to trap them" Delai said with a smile

"Yes, my baby girl gets it!" Myloe said with excitement.

"Yeahhhh... don't call me that again Myloe" Delai said darkly.

"Woah! Okay!" Myloe said panickily, throwing his arms up.

"I'm impressed though, you are finally using that brain enhancement well" Ritchie said, prompting shrieks of suppressed laughter from the group.

"Yeah... I get where you're going but how are we going to go about it?" Kayla asked.

"Well... you know how South Minervan gangs are always at war with each other? We can hire them as one gang, to help us steal 10 billion credits from another gang, which also happens to be us!-" Myloe started.

"And they would take the offer, because they probably see themselves as invincible!" Ryuuki added.

"Then we can finally trap them!" Michael added.

"How do we trap a blink though?" Kayla asked, introducing silence into the room.

"Well... a Blink's weakness is cold. Your abilities would reduce drastically in cold, not completely." Ritchie said.

"So you're saying that the colder we are... the harder it would be to blink?" Michael asked.

"Yup!" Ritchie said with an okay sign.

"Yeah... Why didn't any of you tell us this?" Kayla asked, stepping back from the group

"Call it a safety precaution. It wouldn't be the first time a blink tried killing us all" Delai said with a nervous chuckle.

"Don't talk about him please" Kimi said quietly, her timid voice laced with anger.

"I'm sorry" Delai said softly, breaking the silence that enveloped the room.

"Okay, now I understand why you kept everything from us... But how does everything go down?" Michael asked akwardly

"The million credit question!" Myloe exclaimed, before turning towards Vivian for approval. Vivian simply sighed with a nod, signaling him to continue.

"So it goes like this-" 

.

.

.

.

.

What are your thoughts on this chapter? Who do you think the new blinks are? Keep those comments coming in!!!

If you loved this chapter, please consider voting for it (by clicking on the star)

Thanks for reading!!!