Chapter 33: Another Encounter

"Hello! Michael"

Michael stirred from his slumber, groggily rubbing his eyes. As he blinked them open, he was met with a stark contrast to the familiar beige walls of Ryuuki's room. The surroundings had transformed into an endless expanse of white. It was evident that he was no longer in Ryuuki's room.

A voice echoed through the infinite white, one that Michael recognized all too well.

"Do you know where you are, Michael?" the voice inquired.

Fed up with the usual cryptic dialogue, Michael snapped, "Look, I already know the routine. I ask if it's heaven, and then you launch into a philosophical monologue, blah-blah-blah! We've been through this countless times, and I'm tired of this game. Just get to the point!"

"Look. It's not my fault that your alarm clock is always interrupting!" The man said with both his hands up.

Michael shook his head "But it's definitely your fault for saying the whole thing every- every fucking time"

"But it's necessary. How else do I make an entrance? Do you know how hard it is to glow this brightly everytime?" The man said with a slightly irritating tone.

"THEN DON'T FUCKING DO IT!" Michael screamed.

The man sighed"who would have known that the next holder would be this ill mannered?" he muttered disappointingly.

"Holder? Holder of what?" Michael asked,calmly this time.

"So you don't even know?" The man mused. The man still glowed brightly, but Michael could tell he was grinning.

"Yes. I don't know." Michael replied, desperately trying to control his temper.

"This would be a long story, I'll suggest you sit" the man pointed at a chair that seemed to materialize beside Michael.

The man watched patiently as Michael probed the chair "don't worry, the chair would not harm you in any way"

"How can I so sure of that?" Michael asked, finally sitting in the chair.

The man laughed "Well you are sitting already aren't you? And besides, the dead can do no harm to the living, except those that live permit it"

Michael shifted nervously in the chair "So you are dead?"

The man smirked "Isn't it obvious boy? Or have you seen a living person appear in your dreams and look amazing at the same time?"

"No." Michael curtly said.

"So let's get started. Many years ago, even before any-" Aloud sound rang all around Michael and the man, a sound they both knew, a sound they both learnt to hate too.

The man bit his lip, visibly annoyed. "Could you please turn the alarm off next time?" he said irritatingly.

"I try to, but my roommate keeps turning it back on," Michael complained, as the white of the room gradually faded to a deep black, together with the man. He was waking up.

"You literally have god-like powers, boy, do something about it before next time," the man waved as he walked away into the black.

"But I can't Blink!" Michael screamed, but the man had already entered the black.

"I didn't know it troubled you this much, though," a voice said.

Michael slowly opened his eyes to see Ryuuki standing over him. "Bro, what the hell? I thought we agreed on the alarm thing!" Michael groggily said, a bit aggressively.