Purple

You allow your mind to wonder as she informs you of the rules.

It's not like they applied to you or anything.

"You must address me only by Ms Venable."

"Okay Willie." You say, giving her a wide sarcastic grin.

She rolls her eyes and continues.

"You may never leave the building." She continues.

Well, you would if you wanted to but you didn't exactly value being eaten by zombies.

You weren't even sure if there were zombies.

There probably were, the amount of toxins out there must've don't something to the survivors if there were any.

There must be.

"If you wander out onto the grounds, you will not be let back in due to the danger of radiation contamination. You will have to take your chances with the canker pus monsters beyond the gates."

Well, that didn't sound so good.

You were definitely sticking inside.

"No unauthorised copulation of any kind, no exceptions." The tall woman continues.

You scoff, thinking she was joking.

As if a bunch of lonely people trapped underground at the end of the world could resist disobeying that rule.

"Hmm? You think I'm joking?" She says, her eyes going cold.

Suddenly, you sense a certain insecurity inside her by the way her face droops but it suddenly returns to the usual icy look.

"Ask the two Greys you see on the way out if you think it's a joke."

You feel a shiver ripple down your body but you do your best to ignore it, forcing a smile.

"Speaking of colour, you will find your clothes in the left side of the armoire."

You step to the wardrobe, assuming that was what she meant by armoire.

You open the door, revealing a set of purple dresses, purple blazers, purple trousers, purple shirts, even purple socks.

"Someone must really like purpl-" You begin to smirk but are cut off by Venable.

Honestly that woman thought she was a lot more powerful than she was.

"The colour you wear represents your role in this underground refuge." She explains, "You are purple which represents riches and importance since that's the significance you have in this place."

You open the other wardrobe door as she speaks to reveal a single deep blue dress, it was beautiful.

Venable rambles on, explaining how the Greys that she mentioned earlier were servants here but they were grateful to have the opportunity of staying safe.

Apparently there were at loads of them running around the outpost, making sure everything was spick and span.

You didn't pay a whole lot of attention to what she was saying, you were more mesmerised by the immaculate dress in the wardrobe before you.

When Venable noticed you were staring so intently at the garment, she ripped it out of your wardrobe.

"I'm sorry, it seems one of our Greys have made a mistake putting that there." She says, quickly bustling out of the room before you could get a good glimpse at her face and almost leaving you alone with nothing to do.

"Dress for dinner, cocktails at 6:30 prompt." The woman says before disappearing out of view.

You wondered how many others were staying here and whether you were going to like them.

They'd like you.

Obviously.

Happy Devils Night my friends (if you're reading this today that is.)