Fresh Meat

The next day seemed to come earlier than usual.

Partly because you didn't go back to sleep after Meade removed the snakes.

Instead, you ended up walking the hallways.

It was the most exercise you could get in this place and you would gladly take it.

You honestly felt like a ghost walking around the old school.

It was like bloody hogwarts.

You walked the usual route, past the empty library.

The empty shelves seeemed to look down upon you.

You wished they kept the books in, it would've given you something to read here.

At one point you were sure you saw a dark figure hiding in the shadows of one of the bookshelves.

Nevertheless, you shook it off deciding not to dwell on negativity and darkness.

Perhaps it's my past coming to haunt me You think and laugh aloud at the stupidity.

The rest of the day blended into the usual clump of boredom and you found yourself staring at your empty plate at dinner.

However, today everyone seemed in a better mood.

Coco and Dinah were exchanging comments on how pretty the other looked even if they didn't mean it.

Andre was occasionally glancing at Gallant with a cheeky smirk.

Timothy and Emily were doing whatever their secret romance thing was.

Honestly, those two's attempt of keeping their relationship under wraps was sweet but completely see through .

I mean, it wouldn't take anyone longer than five minutes of hanging out with them to see that they were clearly in love.

I mean, them covering it up was quite amusing.

Evie Gallant seemed to be a little more cheery today as well.

Even Venable and Meade seemed pretty chuffed.

It turned out everyone seemed happy about you waking them up at 4:30 because you had discovered a new, fresh, contamination free meat source.

Today you were having actual food!!!

The others were bustling with excitement but you just felt a little out of it.

You fiddled with your knife and fork, you were so drained that you might as well go straight to sleep after dinner.

Your bagged eyes stare around the table, noticing the empty seat at the other head of the table had been set for the first time ever.

Seeing that, you figured out what Venable was going to say before she said it.

"Today, not only do we have fresh food, but we have a special visitor." She says, forcing a smile for the last part.

You had a feeling that she didn't like whoever was just about to walk into the room.

You wondered if you would.

Red Tide or Death Valley?
I think Red Tide was better tbh but Death Valley was still awesome.