Masquerade Ball

A couple of moments later, you find yourself descending the huge marble stairway wearing a gown that made everyone tear their eyes towards you.

You grin as your bluey-purple dress sparkles and glitters in the candlelight.

You wore a simple eye mask yet you were instantly recognisable by your almost outgrown dyed hair.

The Halloween masquerade ball had officially started and you were the centre of attention.

Not a bad way to die.

Everyone seemed to be chatting, even the greys had decided to join in.

It had been rumoured that they'd reveal the list of people who had been selected for the sanctuary.

You hadn't seen Micheal yet but you decide not to make it your prime worry and focus on enjoying the range of music for once.

They were playing some eighties classics, who knew they had so much music hidden from you lot this whole time!

You listen as the chorus echos across the room.

I always feel like.. somebodies watching meeeeee... and I have no privacy

(Okay but why is that song like always the Halloween national anthem lmao)

The smile stays glued to your face as you twirl around the room to chat to Timothy and Emily.

The two of them seemed to be enjoying the happiness and were muttering about what the gift could be.

"What gift?" You ask, politely.

"Don't you remember, Venable said we'd be receiving a gift." Emily giggles ask Timothy plays with her hair.

"Bets that it'll be the sanctuary list." Timothy blurts.

You agreed to be honest.

The next hour or so whizzes by, you enjoyed chatting for the last minutes you'd be alive.

But still you couldn't see Micheal.

It was a relief that he wasn't there at first but at this point you had to wonder what he was actually up to.

No one would miss this without a good reason.

Venable suddenly rings a little bell to make an announcement.

You stop moving, watching your dress glimmer as it swung to a halt.

"I presume you are all wondering what your gift is?" Venable says in her usual tone, although a smile was visibly creeping onto her face, "We have decided to provide you with a bit of fun."

"Fun?" Coco mutters, as if the word was completely alien to her.

"I expect you all to line up beside the barrel," Venable declares, "we will be doing a bit of apple bobbing."

Everyone bustles excitedly but you just stare as a grey lifts the lid of the barrel to reveal a beautiful sight.

Around a dozen apples alike to the one Micheal gave you the other day, peacefully floated in the barrel.

The other members of the outpost seem to be mesmerised by the precious fruits.

But you..

You didn't really know how to explain this but you...

You thought they looked off.