Are you going to kill me then?

Everything seemed to pause for a moment.

Silence filled the room as the next couple of seconds seemed to last forever.

"Are you going to kill me then?"

You sputter, before realising Micheal had just said the exact same thing at the exact same time, only a little less nervously than you.

"Oh." You say.

You feel yourself slipping, not psychically but mentally.

You didn't know yourself anymore.

All this time and you weren't even you.

It made your head hurt.

"You know, I don't think we have to kill each other." Micheal says.

You raise your eyebrow.

"You are literally the devil, I don't think anything you say can be trusted." You say, in a matter of fact type way.

"Fair enough." Micheal says, glancing at the clock.

It read around half eleven, not that the time mattered.

You wait a moment before asking, "What do you mean by we don't have to kill each other."

Micheal didn't seem interested in what you were saying, instead he picked up an apple from his desk and began chucking it in the air.

Fresh food.

That didn't make sense.

Nothing did anymore.

Were you losing it?

"Is that real?" You ask but Micheal just grins and places it back on his desk.

You gazed at the ruby red apple as it reflected the firelight.

It looked very fresh and ripe.

"So you were asking why we don't have to kill each other?" He says, ignoring your previous question and stopping you from thinking about food, "Well, now that your personality has changed, I think you'll be able to understand my way of thinking a little more."

"Meaning?" You say a little tired at this point.

"Meaning that you aren't the "good" person you were before, I'm not sure you're even yourself anymore." He says, "To be honest, I'm not sure if you ever were."

"So the omnipotent one isn't supposed to be good?" You ask, "Is that what you are saying?"

"Pretty much." Micheal says, picking up the apple again.

He bit into it.

It was real.

"So you know how it's always good v evil, does that make you good?" You question.

Micheal laughs.

"No no not at all." His eyes sparkled, "You can't base reality on books and films you know y/n."

"Well, can you explain what's going on then?" You ask agitated.

"I can't, I'm sorry." He says, the glint not leaving his face.

"Oh." You say, disappointed.

"But," He says, binning his half eaten apple.

Wasteful.

"But what?" You ask.

"But, I can show you." He says.

Suddenly, the air seemed to ripple and reality seemed to blur.

You fell off your chair, falling into oblivion.

You really hoped he wasn't killing you.