Peace Offering

You knew what side you were on.

That wasn't the problem.

The problem was that if Micheal knew he would most likely incinerate you.

You swallow, sweat beading on your forehead.

"Erm." You manage, your throat was suddenly bone dry.

You couldn't lie to him.

You knew he'd know.

Maybe it was best to be honest.

"What would happen if I said I wasn't on your side?" You question, a fake grin flickered onto your face.

"I would understand." Micheal says solemnly, "But I'm afraid it wouldn't end well."

You watched as a glint of malice glistened in his eyes momentarily before fading.

"Is that your decision?" Micheal asks, raising his brows.

You glance at his face, he looked confident but you knew he must be aching inside.

No one is that self assured.

No one has no weaknesses.

He must have something to use against him.

"Y/n?" He asks.

You quickly apologise for not listening and the antichrist repeats the question.

"Can I.. err.. can I think about it?" You stumble, feeling his eyes linger on yours.

Micheal smiles, almost as if he'd already won.

Maybe his arrogance could be his downfall?

You hoped so.

"I'll tell you what," Micheal declares, "I'll give you-"

Suddenly, the antichrist was cut off by Coco who had decided to interfere.

"And what are you two debating about?" She asks, clearly not caring at all.

When she made contact with Langdon her body language changed to a more flirtatious formation.

You found that quite amusing.

"And Micheal, are you joining in with the... festivities?" She gave a sly smile and Micheal mirrored her.

"Maybe." He smirks.

You avert your eyes and glance at Ms Venable who seemed to be whispering something in Ms Mead's ear.

Something was up with those women.

Meade specifically.

She always seemed so... robotic?

You weren't sure how to describe it but she was just strange.

She always seemed to shut down when she wasn't needed and tended to spend most of her time recharging in her room.

Yet, she didn't look anything like a robot.

"Mmm.." You here Coco say and you glance back at Micheal who seemed to be rolling his eyes at Coco who had lost attention.

"What were you saying Micheal?" You ask, trying to look bothered.

He thought for a moment before saying, "Oh, oh yeah, I was going to tell you that you have until Halloween to make up your mind."

The man smiles as you relax.

You had at least two more days to spend without having to watch your back.

And two more days to plan how to take him down.

You return his smile but he looks down, as if remembering something.

You frown at him, confused.

Suddenly, his familiar glint returns and it seemed Micheal was handing you something underneath the table.

Away from prying eyes.

You glance at him unsurely but he seemed chilled out so you look.

A single red luscious apple rested in his grasp.

"My peace offering." He says before grinning, "For now...."