Out Of The House

You knew you had to get Micheal out of the house if you were to protect yourself and even have a chance of fighting back.

But now, just looking at him, he looked so weak and young again.

He didn't look at all like the man you met in the bunker, or saw at the school many years ago.

For a moment you faltered, unsure of if the boy was completely gone yet.

But, you quickly recovered, remembering all the violence, pain and trauma he had caused.

Or, was yet to cause.

Acting quickly, you move around the antichrist, wondering why he got so triggered by you asking about what it was.

It must've been pretty bad.

"You killed someone.. didn't you?" You speak, now standing in the doorway.

You watch Micheal flinch.

Surely killing someone wasn't that bad?

He must've done worse.

I mean, back in 2018, Constance told you that he first killed before he could walk.

But what was worse than killing someone?

"Maybe." Micheal says, making eye contact with you.

You cease this opportunity to spin out of the doorframe and into the garden of the house.

The suns light dances across the lush green grass as it squishes underfoot.

Your plan was working, you were barely a step away from the exit and Micheal was following you.

"What's your name, why are you avoiding my questions?" He asks, his eyes looked red and raw.

"Y/n." You say before quickly adding, "I didn't ignore your question, you broke down into tears so I presumed it didn't matter."

Micheal falters again before rolling his eyes.

He looked like he was having intense mood swings.

You could tell the house was giving him confidence.

Only a couple more steps.

"Are you afraid of me?" Micheal's lips coil into a smile, clearly referencing to your slightly frantic steps away from him.

"Who wouldn't be? You killed someone." You say casually.

When Micheal doesn't answer you decide to test your theory that you'd just thought of.

"Except, it wasn't just a kill was it?" You add, finally exiting the grounds.

You felt relieved to be away from the house but you still had the antichrist on your tail.

Micheal doesn't quite step out of the house, instead he just stands there.

At the gate.

"No, you really killed them didn't you." You continue, "You destroyed their soul... removed their tether to this reality... vanquished their personal identity... killed them. Properly."

"H-How do you know that?" Micheal says, he was out of the grounds now, and you could visibly see the colour draining from his face.

"Because.." You pause, unsure whether to tell him about you, "Because I've done that too."

This time it was your turn to shrink in your skin, you didn't like remembering that time you killed a whole school and how good you felt about it.

You honestly felt nauseous but what Micheal said next made you want to throw up all your vital organs.

"Oh.. so.. are you supposed to be an antichrist too?"