Chapter Twenty One

Thea's POV

-An Hour Earlier-

"Okay...It's just..." I trailed off and sighed.

I was on the phone with my supervisor, Elder Winslow, who I like to refer to as my watcher because whenever you can include a Buffy reference in your life you take it and he was going off on a tangent.

I honestly don't know why he was so annoyed. When I started this case six months ago in New York he was fine but as soon as it lead to Massachusetts and the Bloodshine pack he became agitated. He encouraged me to trade the case but I had made a vow to Miranda's Father to find his daughter's killer.

The meeting with him went well. He was pleased at the progress I had made but still sad that he hadn't seen the signs sooner. He helped identify the person in Bloodshine pack that had killed his daughter. My theory was he was planning on doing the same thing again to this pack that he done to the other.

I knew who it was and knew he had done it but I still need more evidence before I bring him in front of the council for pack crimes.

Elder Winslow was still going on when I decided to intersect.

"Sir!" I said sternly but still trying to be polite, "The case is almost finished. I need some more evidence and then I'll make an arrest. After that I will return."

"Well..." He sounded defeated, "I don't want you to stay there any longer than you have too."

I honestly didn't know what his problem what his problem was with the Bloodshine Pact.

"Why?" I asked curious.

"You're just far away from base and I'm just worried about what you might do." He answered clearly avoiding the question.

I decided to drop it. I didn't want to stay here either. Some of the people here are just plain idiotic well maybe just one person. Everyone else, I liked.

"Alright," I said after a long pause, "I get this case wrapped up by next week."

"Good. See you soon. Stay safe. Bye Thea." He said in a calmer tone.

"Bye Sir" I replied smiling slightly.

'Stay Safe' was Elder Winslow's way saying 'I love you'. I loved him very much as well. He was the one that raised me and was the only Father I had. I had a real Father and real Mother somewhere but I had no desire to meet them. They left at the elder's pact when I was few days old and haven't made contact since. I could have gone back on my 17th birthday but I decided to become an agent instead of returning. Not that they wanted me anyway.

I put my phone down and once again started at my case wall. Every high ranking member of the Bloodshine pact was on it. Including that asshole Parker. Being the Alpha's son doesn't make you high and mighty. He was just plain rude to me on that first day. Like did I ask to be your friend? Nope. Bitch.

But let's forget that idjit. My eyes scanned over to my prime suspect. All I need was my evidence and then I would have him. He was smart and calculating and if they weren't a murderer we would be friends.

Turning away sighing I started to clean up some of the stray files that were scattered on the floor. I need to fix my organisation skills before I start taking multiple cases at a time. I was picking a plain white sheet with a lollypop stuck to from yesterday when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I said without looking at caller ID.

"Hello Thea." Replied the voice.

"Oh, Hi Mrs McGrath," I said taking me a moment to recognise the voice. "What can I do for it?"