Chapter Twenty Nine

Parker's POV

"What?" I asked once again releasing him from my hold.

"Thea Hunter was born Emma or Emmaline Tames." He explained further.

"But she's dead." Brock butted in.

"That's what she requested we reported back to her family on her seventeenth birthday." He sighed sympathetically,"I told her it was wrong but she didn't care. She said they didn't care about me so why should I care about them?"

"But we did care. My parents can't even really enjoy my birthday because they missed her so much and last year...they waited outside all night. Waiting for her to come but she never did. You lot came instead and told them she was dead. It took them months to recover!" Brock retorted angrily.

"Calm down..." Fax reasoned giving him a loving stroke on the back.

"How am I supposed to do that? He just told me that my dead sister is actually alive and is one of my best friends. Also said sister is on the brink of death." Brock explained all confused.

He was clearly overwhelmed. Who wouldn't be?

"Did she know I was her brother?" Brock asked wearily finally breaking the silence.

"No, she didn't know who you were and you didn't know who she was. It's the rules." He said taking in a deep breath.

"I'm sorry to break all this up but we you need to make a decision." The doctor butted in.

"Will I be a match?" Brock asked.

"If you really are her brother then there is a high chance!" The doctor said, "Come with me."

She lead Brock quickly down the hall and into a room. Everyone sat down heavily buzzing with the revelation.

"I think I should call David." My Dad said getting up and pulling his phone out.

"Is that necessary? I would like to keep this information as contained as possible. That's what Thea wanted!" Elder Winslow demanded.

"I think it is. They deserve to know. They think their daughters dead and besides what if Brock isn't a match? We need them here so they can be tested. It's better for Thea's sake if they are already here instead of wasting time!" My Dad defended before walking out and making the call.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~20 Minutes Later~

Maya and David rushed through the doors. Bursting in. Worry was written all over their faces but their was something else. Relief almost. They just got their daughter back and she might be taken away again.

Away from them

And away from me.

"Where is she?" Maya asked frantically.

"Still in surgery." My mom answered putting her hand on her shoulder.

"Brock is a match then?"She asked once again almost hopeful.

"We assume so he hasn't come out again." I answered.

"I can't believe this. They told us she was dead. How could they do this?" David raved before catching sight of Elder Winslow sitting down.

He walked over to him his hands balling into fists. My Dad and I followed him knowing that thier would be a confrontation.

And their was but we quickly diffused it. Elder Winslow said that as soon as Thea was okay we would get a proper explanation but until then we should focus on Thea.

Thea.

Please don't die on us.

If not for my sake for theirs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thea's POV

I've always hated hospitals.The look and the smell of them mostly. I couldn't see or smell anything currently but I could that annoying beating from the machine that monitors your heartbeat.

It was really irritating and it was so loud that I couldn't hear anyone properly.

All I heard when I woke up was: successful, blood transfusion and family.

I don't know as to which family they were referring to but I'm guessing the blood transfusion is the reason I can hear everyone again.

I guess you could say I'm semi conscious.

I don't really remember what happened. I'm assuming car crash because any other emergency situation I would have control over.

My head, chest and arm hurt. I'm guessing concussion, collapsed lung and broken arm.

I'm pretty good at this stuff. All apart of the training. I could identify any injury even if I'm not conscious just based on the scale of pain. I'm not going to tell you how I can do this because it was brutal.

I keep on trying to open my eyes but I can't.

I want to get up.

I don't want to stay here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Parker's POV

"She's stable." Th doctor said returning giving us the good news.

Relief washed over everyone.

"Is she awake?" I asked hopefully.

"No, she won't be for awhile. It might be a few days before she wakes up." The doctor explained.

"What are her injuries?" Elder Winslow demanded pushing past and standing right in front of the doctor.

"A major concussion, broken arm and a collapsed lung." She informed taking a step back.

"Can we see her?" Maya asked desperately.

"At this point it should be family only."she doctor informed.

I sighed. I wasn't family. I'm not even her friend.

"We're her parents." David said.

"By blood but I'm her legal guardian." Winslow corrected.

"You can't stop us!" David continued letting go of Maya and getting into Winslow face.

"Yes, yes I can." Winslow said stepping back and looking at the doctor for back up.

"He's right." the doctor said before leaving.

Maya and David sat down defeated.

"Look. I'm not doing this to be spiteful or unfair." Elder Winslow began,"I just think Thea should wake up to a familiar face and not the parents that she didn't want to meet. How about we wait until she wakes up and she can decide whether she wants to meet you or not."

"But she clearly doesn't. She's been here for over six months and she never made contact!" Maya pleaded.

"That's because she doesn't know you are her parents. It's the rules, like I told your son." Winslow explained once again.

"What if she still doesn't want to know us?" David asked cautiously.

"Well since she will know who you are she will most likely to be relocated and..." be began before trailing off.

"And we'll never see her again." I continued miserably.