Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Four

Parker's POV

We walked in silence as I lead Thea to my favourite and must secluded lot on the McGrath complex. It was also my favourite place. Like I said totally secluded. Loads of memories made here. If you know what I mean. *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

Totally stalling. Let's get back to it.

"So some crazy weather we've been having." I started as rage built up on her face. She was tapping her foot and had an expression on her face that made her look like bulldog. It was cute if you like the look of bulldogs. You know some people think they're ugly like what are not seeing how cute they look.

"Cut the crap McGrath" she snapped taking me right out of my bulldog monologue.

"Okay." I said faking disgust.

"Why don't you take anything seriously?" she asked annoyed.

"I do,just trying to lighten the mood." I admitted shrugging my shoulders.

"There is no mood between us okay." she stated accompanied by an over exaggerated hand movements.

"Well technically there is since we are mates. So by definition we have a mood between us. See." I explained grabbing her wrist and feeling sparks as soon as we made contact.

She yanked her arm away from me and gave me dirty look before turning around.

"We aren't mates." She said grinding her teeth.

"Yes, we are. I made it pretty obvious with the hand holding" I pointed out.

It was easy to see she was getting angrier. Her hands began to ball into fists and her cheeks started to flush red.

"Listen here and listen good," she started yanking at my shirt so I was only inches away from her face,"I don't need some magical creature in the sky telling me who to spend my life with. I choose who I date. I'll choose who I get married too. So I'll break it to you right now. You and me will never ever date, get married or do anything. We won't even be friends."

"Thea I..." I stuttered.

"No, Let me finish. I, Thea Hunter reject you Parker McGrath." She stated firmly staring daggers at me.

Shoving me back she began to walk away.

"Thea...wait..." I began still recovering from the shove and lets be honest her words.

She didn't turn around and I didn't chase her. I didn't deserve too. It was my fault she felt this way. I had started it. It was my fault. I sat down heavily on the dirt.

It will be alright man.

Will it? I make messes out of everything.

"Ace is right. It will." A voice from the bushes said.

I turned my head around slightly towards the voice.

Brock,Gavin, Xavier, Fax, Kennedy and Delta pushing Zara along in wheelchair emerged from behind the bush.

"I'm assuming you heard all that then." I said turning back around not really caring anymore.

"Listen she'll change her mind. You've just got to try." Brock said approaching me and crouching down next to me.

"Did you not hear her? She seems pretty adamant to me." I said looking pitifully out into the distance.

Than it began. All my friends gathered around me. Words of encouragement kept flying but I fought them of all off. Not budging on my stance of depression and giving up. They didn't give up though. They just kept on going.

Suddenly Fax stood up and kicked me hard in my right side.

"Arghh what the hell man." I screamed clutching my right side rolling over in the process.

"You're being pathetic. You made a mistake but you're not even willing to do something about. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and go do something about it." she screeched loudly.

"Fax." Brock warned standing up and putting his hand on her shoulder.

"No," she said shaking him off," this is the only way to get it into his thick skull."

She kicked me once again.

"Okay Fax I get it but do you need to kick him?" Brock asked.

"Yeah, do you?" I asked finally getting off the floor, standing up and dusting myself off.

"Yes, yes I do. It got you to listen." She said triumphantly wagging her finger in my face.

"Fine then what do you suggest I do?" I asked finally giving up.

"I've got a plan." Fax said grabbing by the shoulders pulling me in.

"First you've got to say I'm right." She said finished smirking.

"Really?" I said rolling my eyes.

"Do you want a chance with Thea or not"

"Fine. You were right. Now go on."

"Alright..." she began.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~20 Minutes Later~

"That...That might actually work." I said nodding my head looking at Fax in amazement.

"Don't look so surprised." She said playfully hitting me.

"And we'll help." Xavier added grabbing my shoulder and shaking me.

"Obviously we will" Zara quipped in.

I went over and grabbed her cheek like I used to when we were kids. I was careful to mind the bandage on her torso. She quickly swatted me away laughing.

Yeah, we could do this.

I'll win you over Thea Hunter.

I know I will.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thea's POV

Slamming the door behind me I stepped into my house. putting my bag on the sideboard I rushed to the living room and collapsed onto it.

All agents are taught never to go to sleep while in custody which means I haven't slept in over four days.

I was so tried but I still couldn't sleep. I didn't want to think about him but I couldn't stop myself. I know I made the right decision. No one can go around being a bastard and then expect to be forgiven. And all the mate stuff. I don't care if I suddenly have one. Just because something in the sky tells me I should be with them doesn't mean I have too. I'm my own person. I make my own decision.

I'm right.

I know I am.

But he looked so sad.

Like I had broken his heart.

How could I though? We weren't dating or anything.

I did to him what he did to me on that first day.

He deserved it.

He does.

Doesn't he?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------