Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Parker's POV

After the failure of code Giver, I was grounded by my parents. It was a couple if weeks ago but I still wince at the memory of my punishment.

~ 3 weeks ago ~

I was sitting in my room alone, the morning after Fax's sleepover and my crashed gaming tournament when my parents arrived. They had obviously gotten the same phone call from Eddy that I had because my I heard the door slam and angry stomping.

Faxton and I were very familiar with our parents angry behaviour. You can pick up easily if you get in trouble enough times. More often then not we could tell by their tome of voice when they called us and the use of our middle names. But when they weren't talking you can tell from their loud dramatic doors slams and their unsteady but forceful steps.

Knowing what was coming I made sure that my parents couldn't punish me for anything more than the failed Code Giver order. So I decided to clean  my room, my dad could beat Danny Tanners obsessive compulsive cleaning disorder and my Mother always make me cookies when I get an A in one of my assignments. Which is mostly all the time because I am a self proclaimed genius.  I pulled out an old science exam from one months ago and placed it causally but obviously in place where my Mother would immediately see it. 

I was still mid clean when I heard my parents angry footsteps coming up the stairs. I quickly shoved my dirty laundry under my bed and sat at the desk chair causally but purposely flipping through my old science test.  The big A front of center and straight in the eye view of my soon to present parents.

I looked over my science test until my parents came in, when they did i quickly avoided their eye view and looked straight at my old test.

"Parker?" My Mother asked pushing open the door with my Father in tow.

"Yeah." I answered unfazed not looking at them.

"Parker, put down the month old science paper and look at us." My Mother ordered.

I put it down in defeat and looked at them.

"How did you know?" 

They looked at each other before simultaneously saying: "We can read."

I turned the paper around and saw the date of the paper clearly stated in bold.

"Oh right...." I trailed off.

"Parker cut the crap." My Dad ordered finally talking and finally about to blow his lid. 

"How could you do something so stupid especially without any confirmation of evidence." He continued in the same manner and he started pacing up and down my room.

"Dad didn't you already shout at me for this?" I asked cockily momentarily forgetting who I was talking to.