Chapter Thirty Eight

Parker's POV

The party was in full swing by the time I got there. A few people stopped and tried to talk to me but I brushed past them.

I had to find Thea.

This is the only place in the last two weeks that I know she would be.

She can't hide and she can't escape.

I have to find her and stop her.

She can't leave them.

She just can't.

The club was very big. It to be. The whole pack was here. Dancing. Partying. Having fun.

The old me would be doing that too.

Ignoring all my responsibilities and drinking the night away.

But I have more meaningful things to do now.

Important things.

I had a few ideas as to how to find her. Luckily though I knew this club very well. I've spent many nights here. Those were not the days. I've woken up in gutters after a night here more times than I'm willing to admit.

Focus Parker.

Where would she be?

I headed down towards the direction to the dance floor. I worked my way through. Getting close to anyone who looked vaguely like Thea before retreating and looking further in the crowds.

I was about to look in a different area when I pair of hands grabbed onto my waist.

I turned quickly springing out of the person grasp and putting in the defensive.

I relaxed when I realised that it was Alena.

Remember Alena?

Nah, me neither.

"What are you doing?"I demanded flicking her arms away from me.

"Let's dance!" she screamed.

She was clearly drunk. I fought off her slobbering self before calling one of her sober minions to take care of her while I continued my search.

I moved along to the next section of the club.

Where are you, Thea?

Where are you?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been about half an hour now.

There is only one place left to check.

The balcony.

I dragged my legs up the narrow staircase. Going as fast as I could. Pushing past people so many people I was singing a continuous chorus of apologises.

When I finally made it up. It was quiet. Too quiet for a club. The only sounds came from club below. It was still loud enough you would struggle to hear but enough to be able to identify that this section of the club was too quiet.

There was a few hundred people on the balcony and they all seemed to be crowding the farther end of it. Towards the balcony's railing. Everyone was gathering around watching something.

I broke through the crowd and got a front and centre view.

I couldn't believe what I saw.

I can't believe what I heard.

I was too late...

"I'm not your daughter. I'm not your kid. Neither of you. You may be my blood but you aren't my family. Your nothing to me and I should be nothing to you. Just consider me dead. You did it for the for a year anyway."