Chapter Thirty Seven Part One

Parker's POV

I hadn't talked to Thea since that day when I drove her to Brock's house. Not that I hadn't tried but she had been avoiding me.

Rather successfully I might add.

It's one day before her two week deadline.

I have to do something to get her to stay.

I can't let her hurt the Tames's.

Again.

Well I guess not really again.

She had no control over it the first time.

But still.

I don't know how but I will.

I have to make it clear that I won't be a problem for her.

She actually hasn't mentioned it to anyone. The fact that she is leaving. I think she plans to just leave and desert them without any answers.

I can't let her hurt everyone. If she wants to leave, fine but you'll have to face everyone first.

I have to talk to her.

And my time is running out...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thea's POV

Tomorrow is my last day.

Well at least I think it is.

I haven't actually decided.

The past two weeks I have spending my time either with my parents, my friends or training. There's been no school for these weeks either so it's literally all I've been doing.

I know I shouldn't have.

I should have started to distance myself.

Made the blow of me leaving less hurtful for them.

Like that is even possible.

I also know that I should have told them my plans even if they aren't definitely happening.

I just can't do that.

Especially to Maya and David.

I can tell how much they love spending time with me and I love spending time with them.

That day when I went to theirs. They showed me my room. Well at least the room I was supposed to have. It's exactly the same. They kept the nursery I was supposed to have. It just sits there untouched. They said I only spent one night there but it was still mine. So they had no right to mess with it.

It broke my heart a little. They cared so much. They missed me so much. And I never even thought about them twice growing up. I just immediately hated them. I never thought about their side of things.

I'm just like that.

I assume the worst because why risk actually trusting them?

It is just asking for failure.

I can't live with this guilt.

I just can't.

I have to leave.

I have to escape.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today is my final day. My plan is to go see everyone and say goodbye but not really say goodbye and leave in the middle of night. I've already packed up the house. Winslow knows nothing. He went back to Washington a week ago. Some urgent meeting. I plan heading up there get my next assignment and never come back here again. It's cowardly I know but I just can't face disappointing everyone.