Chapter Thirty Seven Part Two

Thea's POV

I made my way across the dimly lit dance floor. It was a fluorescent purple atmosphere. Illuminating. The dance floor and large and compact. Wolves of all ages dancing the night away. All so happy.

Carefree.

Once I finally made my way across the room, which took me about five minutes because like I said the dance floor was very compact, I spotted Maya and David standing on the balcony. Right by the railing. They were drinking and chatting away, taking moments out to look down upon the dance floor. They kept on looking through the crowds. Their eyes searching. Searching for me. Well I'm assuming so.

I located the staircase up and climbed slowly up the. The stairs were narrow so I always let people coming down go first. Honestly, I was stalling the whole conversation. Not wanting to see them or speak to them.

When I eventually got up the stairs, I had to take few deep breaths before I proceeded across the balcony towards them.

It was quite a big balcony. There well over a hundred people on here. It was nice and circular. Like the ones you'd see in castles. Gothic.

Unfortunately, it was much easier to get across the balcony.

Fate wouldn't stall any longer.

"Thea!"Maya squealed upon seeing me.

She passed her drink to David before engulfing me into a hug. She held on tight while simultaneously stroking my long hair. She liked to cling on when she hugged me. She never breaks the hug herself. It's always me whenever I feel it's to awkward to continue. I guess she just wanted to hold on as long she can. As if she might lose me again.

It's not inaccurate either.

I let her hold on for longer than usual. Knowing that this may be the last one she has. She still didn't break away herself. I broke away myself. Holding her at arms lengths from me.

"How you guys doing?" I asked attempting to be causal as possible.

"We're fine. We were just looking for you actually." David answered handing back Maya her cup and giving me a gentle squeeze on the shoulder.

"I just got here. Practise ran over." I lied quickly.

"Boxing?" Maya questioned.

"Yeah." I confirmed shoving my hands in my jean pockets.

Silence fell on us.

I didn't really know what to say.

"So...," I began,"How's the party?"

"It's great."David said springing into action," We're having fun. Everyone else seems to be having fun."

"Great." I breathed beginning to sway side to side awkwardly.

"Well this is awkward." Maya commented smiling.

David and I both laughed at her bluntness.

"Thea your father is trying to build up the courage to ask you something."Maya explained putting her hands on shoulders and looking at me straight in the eyes.

"What?" I swallowed nervously darting my eyes to him as I squirmed under her gaze.

"Well," he began clearly as apprehensive as I was," it's been a few weeks now since we've met and gotten to know each other..."

"Yeah," I prompted still not wanting to look at Maya in the eyes.

"And we were wondering, your mother and I, if you wanted, only of you want to, come and meet the rest of the family." he concluded looking at Maya afterwards.