Jay's Fashion

Jay got inside the dorm and slammed the entrance door behind him.
He usually let the other members know he had arrived by saying "I'm home" loudly, but this time he didn't.
He walked straight to his own room and closed the door behind him once again.

Thankfully his two roommates, Heeseung and Jake, weren't there.

Perfect.
I don't want to talk to anyone.

Jay walked in circle, visibly irritated and angry, mumbling incomprehensible words.

After a few minutes he heard soft knocks on the door.

Ugh.. can't they leave me alone? Wasn't it clear I don't want company?

"Jay hyung?" said a familiar voice. "Can I come in?"
"Sure" said Jay, just loud enough for his visitor to hear.

The door opened and Jungwon appeared. He had a smile on his face, but it quickly disappeared when he saw Jay's expression.
He sat on Jay's bed as he usually did and looked at him.

Jay sighed and sat next to him.

"Do you want to talk about it?" asked Jungwon with the softest tone.
"Talk about what?" said Jay irritated.
"Well" started Jungwon, pausing to choose his next words. "You came home, slammed the door and went directly to your room. That's unusual. I was worried about you so I came to check how you were doing, even though i was advised to wait for you to calm down."

Jay flinched at this last words.

"Sunghoon? he simply said, slightly irritated.
Jungwon nodded and Jay sighed.

"He doesn't know me as well as he thinks" said Jay, chuckling.

Jungwon stopped to look at Jay. His hands were constantly moving, as if staying still was impossible. His jaw was clenched and his eyes had a darker sparkle.

"I can see that you're upset and if you want me to leave you alone I will, but if you want to talk I'm here" said Jungwon, trying to be comforting.

Jay didn't answer right away and Jungwon thought that it meant he wanted to be alone. He got up and turned away to leave the room.

"Jungwon, don't leave please" whispered Jay.

The leader turned himself to face Jay.

"You're right. I'm upset. But I'm not sure if I should tell you because I'm feeling too silly about it" explained Jay, looking down.
"Just try" encouraged Jungwon, smiling at his friend.
"I'm utterly annoyed by our manager" said Jay, captivating Jungwon's attention. "I've had several ideas and projects, but he always rejects them. Today I asked for a new video of Jay's Fashion and he didn't authorize it. I'm so mad, you can't imagine."

"I see" replied Jungwon. "What are the projects you suggested ?"

Jay suddenly looked less angry and more shy.

"Remember how I chose outfits for Sunghoon on the last episode of Jay's Fashion?" asked Jay. "Well I wanted to shoot an episode with you, in which we would go shopping together."
"And he refused?" asked Jungwon.
"Yes" replied Jay, frowning his eyebrows.

"Were the other projects related to me too ?" asked Jungwon, with a low voice.

Jay waited a bit before answering. It was a difficult question.

"Yes, whenever I say I want to shoot a video with you, they don't let me" said Jay. His voice cracked from all the anger he had trapped in him.

"That's funny, because I asked to shoot with you too, but they didn't allow me either" replied Jungwon, sitting back on the bed.

Jay was shocked.
Wait. Jungwon tried too?

"Look, I've stopped asking because the manager told me that our relationship is a bit dangerous. He doesn't want to create content with the two of us because of it. I stopped trying, thinking that I'd give it time, and try again later, but I didn't know that you were trying too" explained Jungwon.

"What do you mean dangerous?" asked Jay, who was focused on this part only.
"You know.. we look close sometimes and there are rumors about us" started Jungwon, surprisingly calm. He didn't finish his explanation because it felt like they had just passed a barrier.

"So this is why I can't shoot with you? Rumors? That's insane" said Jay, getting up.

Jungwon followed him with his eyes.

"YAAAAA" finally screamed Jay, liberating what he couldn't express with words.

Jungwon was overwhelmed by Jay's frustration. He got up and got close to him.
Jay felt Jungwon's hand on his back, sending shivers down his spine.

"What are this rumors?" he whispered.
"You really have no idea?" replied Jungwon, surprised.
"I do, but sometimes even when you're sure about something, you don't want to believe it too much. Sometimes it's just easier to do nothing, there's no risk to screw things up" explained Jay.

Jungwon stopped to think.

"Well you know, I think I'm really into corn these days" he said, hoping that Jay would get his hint.

Jay opened his eyes widely.

"Really?" he said, slowly realizing what Jungwon meant.

"Really" replied Jungwon, taking Jay's hands in his.

Jay forgot the world around him.
His best friend was standing in front of him.
His loved one was holding his hands.
His lifeline had just confessed to him.

Jay slowly leaned in, putting his hands on Jungwon's hips and gently kissed him, not even realizing it was really happening. Jungwon kissed him back, passing his arms on Jay's neck.

They ended their kiss, but stayed really close. Jay delicately leaned to put his forehead on Jungwon's. They stayed like that for a while, enjoying being together.

"I know it's not what you wanted initially, but I'm free tomorrow if you want to go shopping with me" said Jungwon, with a big smile.