Deposition Part 3

Jungwon wasn't expecting that.
Jay -the officer had asked him to call him Jay- was extremely chatty.

Jungwon hadn't spoken that much, yet he didn't mind. There was something oddly satisfying and comforting about just listening to Jay.

The latter had told him a bit about his life. How he was born in America, but at the age of 3, his family had moved back to Korea. That meant he didn't remember anything about his birth country.
He had met Sunghoon in kindergarten and they had been inseparable ever since.

Jungwon had found it extremely cute how they had become friends because both of them wanted to be policemen, and that it actually happened.

Jay had such an intriguing voice. How it could be as deep as it was sweet was a mystery to Jungwon. To be honest, he also didn't spend time trying to understand, he just took every word and sound Jay made in pure bliss.

On top of his voice, Jungwon found himself mesmerized by Jay's features. He had already felt that way when they had met in the police station, however now it was different. Firstly, they were spatially closer to each other. Secondly, Jay had asked Jungwon to wait for him as he changed into his civil clothes, which meant he didn't look like a police officer anymore.
That had had a special effect on Jungwon.

In fact, who would blame him?

Jay looked casual yet extremely stylish. He had tight black pants, dark boots with a dark green suede jacket.
Jungwon knew that it looked "simple" yet Jay had spent time choosing this outfit.

On the other hand, Jungwon was wearing large blue washed jeans with an orange hoodie.

Somewhere deep down his brain he cursed himself a little. Even though he loved his outfit, it looked a bit too casual. At least, if he had known he would be going to eat with Jay, he would have worn something else.

"Sure that italian food is okay?" asked Jay.

Jungwon nodded, incapable of speaking. Jay's hair had moved to the side as he spoke, revealing a bit of his forehead. It was clearly enough to make Jungwon malfunction.

As they arrived at the restaurant, Jay held the door for Jungwon. The restaurant was beautiful. Jungwon had never been to Italy, but he could imagine himself there at that moment.
The host brought them to a table by the window and they sat down. 

"I'm sorry, I have been talking about myself too much" said Jay. "I'm very curious about you too."

Jungwon felt a pinch in his heart. He wanted to continue listening to Jay until the end of times. His life was quite boring right now. Between classes, studying and occasionally seeing friends, he didn't do much else.

"As you know I'm a university student" started Jungwon.
"Right! What degree are you getting?" asked Jay.
"History" replied Jungwon. "That's not what I really want to do though."

Jay frowned.

"What do you mean?" he asked, surprised by this last piece of information.
"I want to be a Taekwondo instructor" added Jungwon. "But my parents wanted me to get a university degree."
"Oh" commented Jay.

Jungwon noticed how he truly looked saddened by that.

"It's okay, though. I'll be finishing my degree this year, so afterwards I'll finally be free to start my formation to become an instructor" said Jungwon, smiling.
"Are your parents okay with this plan?" asked Jay with a side smile.
"Well, they wanted me to get a degree, they never said I had to use it afterwards" replied Jungwon laughing.
"Sneaky" replied Jay, laughing.

The waiter decided to show up this instant, however, the two young men hadn't even thought about taking a look at the menu. They were too absorbed in their conversation. The waiter left the table, letting them choose their dish.

"I'm not sure if I want pizza or pasta" mumbled Jungwon, unaware of the smile spreading on Jay's lips as he heard that.
"What if we get both and share?" asked Jay, an eyebrow raised.

Jungwon felt embarrassed for a second.

Is that okay?

Then he looked at Jay and the question vanished as fast as it had appeared.

"Only if you're okay with it" replied Jungwon.
"It's a deal" confirmed Jay.

~

The waiter brought the Amore mio penne dish to Jungwon and a margarita pizza to Jay.
In Jungwon's mind, they would eat about half of the dish and then switch plates, however it seemed that Jay had something different in mind.

He had cut the pizza slice in smaller pieces and after hesitating for a second, he raised his fork.

"Wanna try now?" he asked Jungwon, with less confidence than he would have wanted.

Jungwon's brain was off. He usually would have felt awkward, or just embarrassed. However, tonight, for some reason he wasn't.
Maybe it was because he had spent days thinking about Jay, and only Jay, which gave him the impression that they were closer than they actually were.

"I do" he said, before reason made him change his mind.

Jay reached for Jungwon's mouth, giving him a piece of the pizza.

Jungwon closed his eyes, enjoying the incredible melted cheese and tomato taste on his tongue.

"It's so good" he said.

Jay simply smiled. Seeing Jungwon's cheeks move as the latter smiled was so satisfying.

"Wanna try the pasta?" asked Jungwon, as Jay instantly nodded.

Jungwon carefully placed two penne, a bit of spinach and a piece of mushroom on his spoon. He wanted Jay to taste all of the dish in one spoonful.

This time, as Jungwon reached for Jay's mouth, their eyes locked and the world stopped turning.
Jungwon's heart raced as he felt the spoon moving.

Jay smiled with his eyes as he ate the pasta.

"You chose extremely well" he commented. "It's delicious."

Jungwon chuckled. This promised to be the first night of many enjoying each other's company.

Never in his life had he experienced such a warm and awesome feeling. He felt like he was the most interesting and cool person on earth. Every glance, every smile, every nod that Jay gave him was a token of shared bliss.

They might have met because Jungwon had lost his wallet, however it turned out that this loss and brought a whole new kind of win.

And Jungwon was determined never to loose him.

The End