Jayfia Pt 2

Everything went extremely fast.

As soon as Jay heard his real name being said out loud, he jumped over his desk, landing right in front of the young man. Next thing the latter knew, a firm hand was covering his mouth.

"How on earth?" asked Jay in a frustrated whisper. "Don't ever say that name again."

The young man looked terrified. In fact, having a mafia boss holding his arm with one hand and covering his mouth with the other while staring at him like he wanted to kill him was terrifying.

The young man nodded furiously, hoping Jay would let him go.

It took a while, but eventually Jay loosened his grip, finally freeing the man in front of him.

"I'm Jay, that's all" he said with the most serious expression on his face.
"Sorry" whispered the young man. "I guess you don't remember me?"

Jay looked at him, closer this time. There was indeed something telling him they had already met, but where?

"I know we've already seen each other" replied Jay, whispering again.
"Am I allowed to tell you, or will you go mad again?" asked the young man, apparently willing to test Jay's patience.

"I wouldn't be so condescending if I were you" replied Jay placidly.
"Good thing you aren't then" replied the other.

They stared into each other's eyes for a few seconds.

"I'm Jungwon" whispered the athlete.

Jay felt his legs getting weaker somehow. He knew a Jungwon, but it was a long time ago.

"I remember now" he whispered slowly.

Silence filled Jay's office.

"So... what now?" asked Jungwon.
"We need to talk, but I'm not sure if here is a good place for that" said Jay, crossing his arms on his muscular chest.
"Isn't this your office?" asked Jungwon. "Aren't we safe here?"

"Yeah, safe to talk about work" mumbled Jay. "But this isn't work anymore."

Jungwon looked surprised.

"Let's go" he said, not giving Jungwon any choice.

The younger man followed the mafia boss, he knew he had too, but it didn't feel stressed or anything. It was quite the opposite actually, he was extremely curious about what would happen next.

Well, 98% curious, maybe 2% scared that Jay would kill him eventually.

~

Jay had asked Jungwon to sit on the back seat one of his cars and had driven away. The windows were tainted and there was a separation between the front seats and the back ones, meaning that Jungwon had no idea where they were heading.

"If I speak, can you hear me?" asked Jungwon, kind of bored.
"Of course" said Jay.

"Are we safe in this car?" asked Jungwon. "I would like to know what this is about."
"Oh don't worry, so do I" replied Jay.

They didn't speak for the rest of the trip, which lasted for a while. Jungwon had tried to trace them, but his phone didn't seem to work anymore.

When the car finally stopped, Jungwon started feeling weird. He really didn't know what would happen next, which wasn't how his days usually went.

The door opened up and Jungwon instantly noticed how dark the place was. He got out of the car and looked around, but there wasn't much to be seen. They were in some sort of abandoned place. Spacious, empty and mostly, extremely dirty.

"That's a cute place for our first date" commented Jungwon.

Jay looked at him dead serious. He wasn't amused.

"Come on" said Jungwon. "It's just a little joke."
"Well, ah ah" sarcastically laughed Jay.
"So, what now?" asked Jungwon.

"Now you tell me everything" said Jay calmly.

Jungwon felt his heavy gaze fall onto him. If Jay had laser eyes, he would already have used them on him, that's sure.

"Everything?" repeated Jungwon, confused.
"I remember I know you from somewhere, I but don't know anything else" finally admitted Jay.

"Oh" replied Jungwon. "We met back in the US actually. Kindergarten or something."

Jay frowned. If he had moved to Korea, it was precisely to start his life anew and not be worried by anything-or anyone- from his past.

"The US?" repeated Jay, as if he was unsure he had lived there for fifteen years.
"Yeah" confirmed Jungwon. "I came back to Korea when I was eight to live with my grandma."

Jay nodded.

"How do you remember me if we met all these years ago?" asked Jay, truly intrigued.
"Oh easy" chuckled Jungwon. "I remember you cause you spent all your time sleeping."

Jay couldn't help but smile. That did sound like him.

"And also because I used to look at your heart while you slept" added Jungwon in a whisper. "When I saw it today, I just knew it was you."
"My... heart?" asked Jay, not following.
"Yeah" said Jungwon, walking closer to Jay.

The latter froze, incapable to do anything else.

"This one" whispered Jungwon as his finger reached for Jay's neck. "You have a birthmark in the shape of a heart right here."

Jay's brain shut down.
No one had ever touched his neck.

He had done horrible things.
He had killed so many people.
He was the mafia boss.

And somehow, this guy had made his whole world crumble around him.
For what? A finger on his neck?

Well, it was more than that. It was the closeness. It was the fire in Jungwon's eyes. It was the electric wave Jungwon's finger had spread through Jay's body.

"Never thought I'd see you again though" whispered Jungwon.

It was too much for Jay. Jungwon's breath made him realize they were standing just a few centimeter away from each other.

"Especially not as a potential boss" added Jungwon.

That woke Jay up instantly. As if his instincts had been plugged in, he stepped back, freeing his neck from the sweet touch.

"Speaking of which, you shouldn't work for me" said Jay.
"What?" asked Jungwon in shock. "Why not? I'm the best you'll find."

Jay looked away. If Sunghoon and Seonwoo had chosen him, it was because he was the best indeed. He couldn't just ignore that.

"I know" he admitted. "But you know who I am, which puts you in danger."
"Danger?" repeated Jungwon. "Do you think I need protection or something? I know what I'm capable of. I'm sure I can handle whatever job you have for me. Then I'll disappear and you'll never hear of me again."

"Don't you want to open your own dojang?" asked Jay, surprised by that last sentence.
"I'm not so sure anymore" mumbled Jungwon.

Jay didn't ask any further. After all, Jungwon was allowed to change his mind.

"I'm not comfortable with you doing the job" said Jay.
"I need the money" said Jungwon, dead serious.
"Not from me" said Jay.

Jungwon walked closer once again, but this time he didn't have the same expression on his face anymore.

"Look, I need you as much as you need me" claimed Jungwon. "I don't even know what I have to rob, but if your advisors found me, it means it's something extremely risky. Would you really dare not sending me to get it?"

Jay took a deep breath.

"Fine" he finally admitted. "But I warn you, if you betray me, I will kill you myself. And if you get caught, I won't come save you."
"I don't need no saving, thanks" replied Jungwon.

"Very well" said Jay. "Let me tell you the plan."