Get some rest

"Jungwon, you should take some rest"

Jungwon turned around. Jay was looking at him, with a worried expression on his face.

"It's okay hyung, I can train a bit more" replied Jungwon.
"But you've had such a long day" explained Jay. "Plus you told me this morning you didn't rest well yesterday. Maybe it's time to call it off."

Jungwon looked annoyed. Not at Jay, but at the situation.
"Jay, we agreed that we would prepare for our duo dance break" said Jungwon. "I won't go home before we do."
"You're barely standing up" added Jay. "Why don't you see I'm just trying to help you?"
"Why don't you see I can take it?" replied Jungwon.

Jay closed his eyes and sighed. He knew Jungwon took his role as leader very seriously, and he couldn't feel more proud of him for that, but it didn't mean he had to overwork himself constantly.

"I know you want to do your best Wonie, but you deserve to rest too" tried to explain Jay with a calm voice.

"Why are you insisting so much?" asked Jungwon.

Jay instantly looked down. He knew there was an invisible limit between them since their debut. On one side, there was Jungwon, who wanted friendship, and on the other stood Jay, hopelessly in love with the leader. Jay knew Jungwon would never want more, and he had accepted it, but it didn't change the fact that he always worried about him.

"I don't want to reply to that" said Jay, looking back at Jungwon.
"What do you mean?" asked Jungwon, a little confused.

"I'm scared that if I tell you we won't be able to be friends anymore" whispered Jay.
"Jay, we'll always be friends" said Jungwon, putting his hand on Jay's arm.

"Don't act like you don't know why I worry about you so much anyway" added Jay, finally saying what he had kept inside for so long.

Jungwon looked at him, but this time there wasn't any confusion in his eyes.

"You're right, I think I know" he said.

Jay got uncomfortable. Right now, his comfort zone behind the imaginary line was shaking. He'd rather stay frustrated but friends with Jungwon rather than confessing and risking loosing what he had with the leader. On top of that, Jungwon had just admitted that he knew about Jay's feelings. It broke the latter's heart.

He knows I love him. It means he really just likes me as a friend, otherwise he would have told me before right?

"Maybe, you are too busy always overthinking to see that I worry about you the same way you worry about me" added Jungwon.

"Wait, what?" asked Jay.

"Have I made things weird?" asked Jungwon.
"Well, I don't know" replied Jay. "I'm still unsure if we mean the same thing."

"Why don't you say what you mean then? Please" said Jungwon.

"You love putting me in the worst situations, don't you?" answered Jay. "Well, you win. I worry because I have feelings for you."

There, he had said it.

"I know" said Jungwon, smiling at Jay and turning around to dance.
"Wait, that's it? You spend all this time trying to make me confess and now you're just not replying ?" asked Jay.

Jungwon was spinning around, but stopped when he was facing Jay.

"I'm just teasing you" finally replied Jungwon, smiling at Jay. "I love you too."

"You make me so confused" said Jay, sighing.
"And it's one of the reasons you love me" said Jungwon, getting closer to kiss Jay's cheek. 

The latter saw it coming and waited for it. Once Jungwon had kissed his cheek and was about to step back, Jay slightly turned his head and kissed Jungwon's lips on the way.

As if Jungwon had planned it, he instantly kissed Jay back, wrapping his hands around Jay's neck.
They gave each other several little kisses, until they just stopped to smile.

Jay grabbed Jungwon's waist and lifted him in the air, making the latter chuckle.
Once Jungwon's feet were on the ground again, he kissed Jay more passionately, enjoying the first real kiss of a long series.

"So" said Jungwon after ending the kiss. "How about we go rest together?"