Jayfia Pt 5

As soon as Jungwon was put on the ground, he let a moan of pain escape his wounded lips.
Jay's wrists instinctively clenched, he was outraged.

Unfortunately, he needed to be focused to beat the hell out the person who had tortured Jungwon.

Just wait for me, okay?

Jay turned back, he was ready.
Years of martial art and experience seemed to have lead him to this very moment.
Sadly for Jay's -still hidden- opponent, the mafia boss was more than enraged. His blood was literally boiling in his veins and he knew he would have absolutely no limits tonight.

That guy, or those guys, Jay didn't know yet, had hurt Jungwon. Not just any thief Jay had decided to employ. Jungwon.

Jungwon, the first person in decades that had reminded Jay of his previous life.

A happy life.

There was something inexplicable in Jay's heart. A feeling he had voluntarily shut down years ago. Someone in his position couldn't be bothered with this kind of feelings, right?
So Jay had put love aside, focusing on his business and personal goals.
However, Jungwon had exploded that lock in a second, and now Jay had no choice.

Some people say, we're destined to meet certain people during our lives. That some people can change us forever. Three days ago, Jay would have said whatever.

Today he would give his life for Jungwon.
He would give anything just to keep Jungwon by his side a little longer.

Who wouldn't give everything after having met their other half?

Jay chuckled at that thought, but a quick glance at the wounded young man on the floor confirmed it.

"Show yourself, piece of shit" said Jay.
"Is that how you talk to your rival?" replied a voice on the right.

Jay wanted to walk closer, but he also didn't want to leave Jungwon. He was scared someone would take him away as he fought the first person.

"So we finally meet" added the voice, closer this time.

Perfect.

"Jay I presume?" asked the voice.

Jay kept his face still, even though he was screaming inside. That person knew his name.

"Just come here so that I can end you" replied Jay, in a stable voice.

"But that would not be very fun, would it?"

Not only the voice, but the footsteps were extremely closer to Jay. He had to be ready, the first punch wouldn't take long.

At that moment, Jay saw him. The guy in front of him was around his age. On top of being extremely handsome, he was tall, and seemed strong. A step later, Jay finally saw his face.

Instantly, he saw Sunghoon showing him a picture of this man around a week ago. He had just found out who was behind all of it.

"I wasn't expecting to see you in person L" replied Jay, in a smirk.
"I am not surprised to see you here though" answered L.

Jay frowned.

"As I tortured your precious thief, he wouldn't spill anything on his boss. And trust me, I broke enough "loyal people" to know this wasn't just loyalty" explained L.

As Jay heard the word tortured, all of his muscles clenched, but he stayed still.

Not yet.

"So I just knew you'd come pick him up eventually" ended L. "Cause that's just how it works, isn't it?"

L was close to Jay and Jungwon now.

"Look at him" whispered L. "Gotta admit, he held it together well. Unfortunately for him, I tend to overreact when I don't get what I want."

L walked one step closer, and finally he was close enough for Jay to move.

The latter quickly jumped, erasing the remaining space between them. His first flew quickly until it hit L's jaw. The "crack" sound was so satisfying.
L slowly turned his head back to face Jay.

"Is that all you have?" he asked, side smiling.

A second later, L attacked. His moves were quick and precise. He knew exactly where he was aiming. In fact, he didn't seem interested in hitting Jay around his head, but was focused on his abdomen.

Jay knew what it meant. L wanted to hit his liver hard enough for him to fall from pain.

As if he would have time

Perhaps L was fast, but Jay was better. He dodged several punches, and gave a lot back, until he finally got L's jaws again.

The latter took a few steps back, extremely disoriented. He had his hands covered with blood on his face, probably checking if his jaw was still there.

Jay saw a window and went for it. He grabbed the chains that previously held Jungwon and circled L with them.

~

"Jay?"

The whisper was so low that Jay almost didn't hear it.

"Don't talk" he instantly said.

Jungwon was laying on Jay's bed, back home.
The doctor had just left after having examined him, cleaned and closed all the wounds and given him powerful medication.

"What happened?" asked Jungwon.

He had only one eye opened, the other one was way too swollen to be able to do the same.

"You got caught, and... and.." started Jay, unable to say the word torture out loud.
"I know, but why am I not dead" asked Jungwon, trying to turn his head but giving that up one second later.

"I wouldn't allow that" explained Jay. "So I came and started kicking his butt. That's when Sunshine and Freeze arrived. So I took you home cause you needed medical attention as soon as possible."
"Sun.. sunshine?" asked Jungwon.

"Yeah, they're taking care of L, don't worry" replied Jay. "You just rest, okay?"

However Jungwon didn't answer. He was already sleeping.

Jay smiled. Jungwon deserved to rest. And actually, he himself deserved a shower. He hadn't left Jungwon's side, and hence was still covered in blood.

"I'm gonna take a shower, but a I'll be back okay?" he whispered to Jungwon. "I promise."

He slowly left the room.

~

Jay's shower took longer than he thought it would. He had to use the soap three times to get everything out.
As he rinsed himself for the last time, L's comment came to his mind.

"this wasn't just loyalty"

Jay kind of knew why he had saved Jungwon. However, if L was correct, than perhaps Jungwon was in the same situation as he was?

Could it be?

Jay sighed as he left the shower and wrapped himself in the towel. The reflection on the mirror in front of him wasn't pleasant. His body was covered in hematomas, especially his torso. His hands had several cuts and his knuckles were exposed.

But that didn't matter. The fact that breathing in and out hurt beyond anything didn't matter. The fact that Jungwon had failed stealing didn't matter.

The only thing that mattered was that Jungwon was safe, and that the one who hurt him was being severely punished.

The only thing that would matter to ajay from now on was Jungwon himself.

The End