Revelation

Jay woke up way too early this morning. He knew he could sleep a little more, so he turned around, ready to snuggle comfortably in his blanket and to go back to sleep.

However, some huge shape was there, on his bed.

Jay squinted his eyes in an attempt to make his vision clearer. However, it was to no avail.

I'm really too blind without glasses...

However, it didn't matter. He knew the shape was Niki. The maknae had brought his blanket and Jay could see his dark hair over it.

"Niki?" whispered Jay. "I thought you learnt how to sleep alone."

No answer.

Jay sighed. If he needed to be completely honest, he would have to admit that having company wasn't so bad, even though said company was asleep.

"It's funny that you're here though" continued Jay. "I have to confess that I lied to you earlier today. I'm sorry."

As expected, Niki didn't move, however Jay had started his apology and needed to go on.

He could have talked his eyes closed, but he kept them open. His blurry vision was fixed on Niki's back.

"You asked me if I liked Jungwon, and I said no" continued Jay, lost in his world. "Thing is, of course I do. I mean, have you seen the man?"

Jay chuckled lightly. He mentally scrolled through his personal gallery of Jungwon memories, remembering each and every of them.

"It's not just a little crush Niki" continued Jay.

Silence filled Jay's room for a second, before Jay continued whispered all he had on his mind.

"When I said that Jungwon is my lifeline, I sure meant it. The universe has chosen to bring us together during our training days, yes. Fate has decided that we would debut together, also yes. If I could, I would confess and make him my boyfriend" added Jay.

He started to feel a little dizzy. Jay closed his eyes, tired of having to function without help.

"However, I know it's not a good idea" continued Jay, in a sad whisper. "Jungwon said once that he's not interested in any kind of relationship."

The atmosphere got really heavy for Jay, as if it wasn't the first time he had this thoughts.

"See, I love him, but he doesn't want a boyfriend. He doesn't like commitment. He wants to be free" continued Jay. "And he deserves everything he wants."

Jay opened his eyes again. Niki's back was still very blurry.

"I guess I love him so much that just watching him live his life as the free and unique spirit he is is enough to me" added Jay. "I couldn't stand to impose anything to him."

Jay sighed.

"For someone who breathes freedom, he's already trapped in so much responsibilities... I wish I could take some of it for him. I wish I could make him feel less burdened" finally said Jay.

The clouds must have moved in the sky, because as Jay ended his sentence, a pale halo from the moonlight shun light over Niki's body.

"I just want him to be happy. It doesn't matter if I can't be with him. Well, if I can't be romantically with him" corrected Jay. "I'll always be there to support and protect him, that's non negotiable."

Suddenly, it hit Jay that he had just poured his heart out, sharing his deepest thoughts.

"Well, I'm telling you all this because first you're asleep, and then, I think I needed to say all of this out loud at least once. Please don't tell Jungwon, okay?" asked Jay.

Now that he was finished, a detail he hadn't noticed before jumped on his face.

Niki's hair wasn't black.

The moonlight clearly showed violet tones.

This... this is not

"So... I shouldn't tell Jungwon?" asked the shape.
"Jungwon?" replied Jay, in shock.

He saw Jungwon turning to face him, but everything was blurry around him.

Jay growled for a second. He really needed his glasses now.

"Could you pass me my glasses? They're on the nightstand" he said, trying to keep calm.

How much did he hear? What if he heard ALL OF IT?

Jungwon gently took the glasses, opened them and cautiously put them on Jay's nose.

"You missed an ear" commented Jay, correcting that.

There he was, now in full hd quality.

Jay could see every detail of the most harmonious and beautiful face on earth. However, he didn't have time to linger on his beauty. He had to know how much Jungwon had heard.

"For how long have you been awake?" asked Jay, scared.
"For a while now" replied Jungwon, his gaze intensely implanted in Jay's eyes.

Jay didn't know how to feel. He was utterly convinced that if Jungwon would know about his feelings, he would not only reject him, but he would also probably stop talking to him.
Jay knew Jungwon had an aversion for feelings, and well, that's all Jay had for him.

Why did I have to fall for an Aquarius?

Once he had asked Sunoo about astrology, and the latter had spent an afternoon explaining everything about Jay's chart, and then Jungwon's. Since that day, Jay had been very conscious of Jungwon's ick for feelings.

And now he's going to have the ick for me too...

Jay's brain was on the verge of breaking down when he saw Jungwon taking a deep breath.

"I appreciate how sensitive you've been regarding me Jayjay" he whispered.

There he goes. He's going to dump me.

"However you're wrong on something" said Jungwon, his eyes burning Jay. "I don't hate all feelings."

Jay frowned. He didn't know what to think about that.

"You make it so difficult to understand you" commented Jay, confused.

"What I mean is that feelings are stupid, yes. But being with you isn't" said Jungwon. "And I like being with you."
"Is this the time you tell me I'm your best friend or something?" asked Jay, ready to burry himself deep into friendzone.
"Well kinda" chuckled Jungwon.

I knew it.

"Do you think it would be weird to ask my best friend to be my boyfriend as well?" asked Jungwon, offering Jay his cutest and sweetest smile.
"I don't think it would" replied Jay, still in shock, still not processing that last sentence. Okay

Jungwon jumped a little closer to Jay. His hand reached for Jay's face and it cupped his cheek. 

"Park Jongseong, would you be my boyfriend?" asked Jungwon, his eyes sparkling.

Jay leaned in and kissed Jungwon's forehead.

"I would be honored" he whispered back.