Deposition

Jungwon had rarely felt this stupid in his whole life.

See, he was quite a smart, quick minded person. He had always had good grades in school, and he had ranked pretty high on his last university exams. His friends often came to him for advice and so on. You got the picture.

Not today however.

The young man had made his way to the police station first thing Monday morning.

What an awful way to start the week.

The place was extremely clean and tidy, which made Jungwon feel uncomfortable for some reason. Unless it was just the stress of being in the police station.

He walked closer to the counter, only to see a policeman typing away on his keyboard. He looked really handsome with his forehead partly exposed, his glasses on and a slight frown of the eyebrows proving how concentrated he was.

"Hum" said Jungwon in a low voice, not wanting to startle the man, clearly unaware of his presence.
"Oh, good morning" he instantly replied, looking up.

Jungwon could have sworn the policeman had choked at the same time as he did himself.
Or was it wishful thinking?

"How may I help you?" asked the policeman.
"I.. uh.. lost my wallet" explained Jungwon, blushing.

He was feel extremely stupid and embarrassed. He didn't even know where or how he had lost his wallet. The only thing he knew is that he was ashamed to admit it in front of the policeman. Especially since the latter had revealed himself to be excessively handsome.

Jungwon liked to have things under his control. Loosing a wallet might not be such a big deal for some people, but for Jungwon it was unbearable.

Jungwon finally noticed a little plaque on the policeman man firm chest. It said : officer Park.

"Alright, let me grab the form you need to fill in order to declare that" he simply said.

Jungwon hadn't heard any notes of judgment. Officer Park had spoke normally. He even had smiled a little, which made Jungwon's heart skip a beat, but that's only a detail.
Even so, Jungwon wasn't at ease.

"There you go" said officer Park as he handed a piece of paper to Jungwon. "Here's a pen. If you need help for anything, feel free to ask me."

Jungwon took everything the man was handing him and moved to the side. He kept quickly glancing at the officer while he wrote down his name, his address and other information. There was something captivating about this man.

Jungwon couldn't put his finger on it. Maybe it was the stylish hairstyle? The sneak peek of his forehead? His piercing eyes? His sharp features? The beautiful pink complexion of his lips? His deep voice?

Maybe all of them put together?

Jungwon took his sweet time to fill the form. It was an excellent excuse to stare at the man a little longer. He just hoped he wouldn't get caught.
He knew it was a bit creepy, but at that very moment, it didn't matter to him.

It's not like he would see officer Park again, right?

"Is everything okay?" asked the latter, raising a brow.
"Yes, I'm done" announced Jungwon, not being able to make things last any longer.

He gave the form back and officer Park read it loud as he wrote the information on his computer.

"Yang... Jung... Won..." he recited as he typed.

Said Jungwon felt lightning electrifying his whole body. The way the officer had said his name, in a slow whisper was something on a whole different level.
Jungwon stood there, entirely mesmerized by the police officer, unable to focus on anything else.

"Is that okay?" asked the latter.
"Excuse me" said Jungwon, abruptly brought back to reality. "What did you say?"
"I can email you when we receive your new documents, or I can, uh, call you if that's okay for you" repeated the officer.

Jungwon struggled to swallow his saliva. Was he being crazy, or did the officer suggest that he could call him.

Don't overreact Won. He's just doing his job and it's probably less work for him to just call me instead of writing a mail.

"You can call me, it will be easier" replied Jungwon, trying to keep his voice steady.
"Well then, everything is in order for me" said the officer.

Is it me or did he sound... slightly upset?

Jungwon looked at the officer, unable to guess what the latter was thinking.

Nah, I'm imagining things.

"Thank you so much" said Jungwon, bowing respectfully.
"My pleasure really" replied the officer, offering Jungwon a beautiful side smile.

Just like that, Jungwon experienced his first heart attack. As he felt the blood rushing to his cheeks, he quickly smiled back and turned around, eager to leave.

The young man left a puzzled police officer behind him.
The same officer that had asked Jungwon to fill a form manually so that the latter would stay a bit longer.
He could have asked him verbally, and filled the online form himself. However, it wouldn't have given him as much time to admire the young man's beauty.

One thing was sure, the officer was looking extremely forward to calling the fascinating young man.
He couldn't wait to hear his unique and calm voice again.

For the rest of the morning, the officer kept trying to assemble in his mind every little detail of Jungwon's features he could remember. He needed to create a complete memory of this moment, because that didn't happen a lot.

Feeling love at first sight didn't happen a lot right?